Job Description: Event Director
Reports to: President and Vice President
Direct reports: One Event Manager, Three Event Coordinators, Interns
The Event Director serves as a key member of the Bowen & Company team and will have an opportunity to lead select accounts, as well as collaborating with the broader team on larger, company-wide projects. Great opportunity for a candidate with a minimum of 5-7 years of event production experience and an interest in all aspects of the event industry, but specifically with experience in non-profit benefit fundraising and/or development. A background and passion for working within the culinary community is also a plus. Must be personable, self- motivated, detail-oriented, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Benefits included. Westchester based resident preferred. Email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.
- Client Management: Lead select accounts and projects on behalf of Bowen & Company. Ideal candidate is comfortable in a leadership role managing direct reports and key client stakeholders, providing approvals, guiding process, driving agendas, leading meetings, making decisions, being responsible for setting and meeting deadlines, visioning strategies and outcomes, and maintaining exceptional client relations.
- Managerial role: based on pre-assigned roles and responsibilities for each project, oversee direct reports and guide their development and workload prioritization. Manage junior staff members in focus areas such as mailing list and RSVP management, meeting preparation, and general administration of events.
- Fundraising: Oversee benefit fundraising solicitation campaigns and benefits fulfillment, draft solicitation materials, income tracking and reporting, donor and volunteer leadership relations, and charity auctions
- Vendor management: manage outside project vendors specializing in graphic design, floral/event design, AV and technical production, etc.
- Event collateral development: draft and oversee development of collaterals including invitations, programs, advertisements, signage and websites in coordination with graphic designer of project
- Timelines: develop and track project progress via internally developed timelines
- Budgeting: develop and manage revenue and expense projections, receive and review contracts, track expenses and submit invoices to clients for payment, with support from direct reports
- Research: whether with regards to a particular project or to keep up with industry trends, it is important for each Bowen & Company employee to be well informed
- Be creative, enthusiastic and a team player
- Strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Strong leadership skills and comfortable making decisions
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong computer skills including MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Availability to work evenings and weekends, as needed, for events
Competitive salary based on experience. This is a full-time salaried position with health benefits, PTO, and 401K available.
Bowen & Company encourages diverse candidates to apply for the Event Director position. Bowen & Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, nationality, religion, disability, sexual identity, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, or any other protected classification.
Bowen & Company is located in Dobbs Ferry, NY, which is a 40 minute commute from NYC’s Grand Central Station and the office is within walking distance to the Metro North train station. We offer a competitive salary, benefits, and the opportunity for advancement – all within a creative and entrepreneurial environment.
For information about Bowen & Company, please visit www.bowenandco.com.
Apply for Event Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly