Marketing and Development Manager, Jesuit nonprofit
Mission: The Ignatian Spirituality Project (ISP) is a Jesuit-affiliated ministry offering experiences of hope, belonging, and healing to men and women in recovery from homelessness and addiction. Founded in 1998 in Chicago, ISP currently provides transformational spiritual retreat programs in 28 cities across the U.S., Canada, and Ireland. We seek a creative, mission-driven Marketing & Development Manager to join us as an integral part of this dynamic and evolving ministry.
Position Description: Reporting to the Director of Advancement, the Marketing & Development Manager is responsible for writing grant proposals and overseeing a growing grant and foundation portfolio (50%), creating and project managing direct-mail appeals (20%), writing/editing materials for ISP network and affiliate markets (20%), and contributing and managing content for our monthly e-newsletter and website (10%).
This position is ideal for someone who loves to write, has strong project management skills, and is passionate about making a difference for those on the margins of our society.
- Conduct the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundations and grant makers
- Submit timely and accurate reports for all existing grant-funded projects.
- Maintain up-to-date grants calendar and tracking database
- Perform prospect research on private and public foundations and to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants
- Responsible for writing and managing 3 direct-mail appeals per year from concept to conclusion including database preparation and working with printers, design/marketing consultant, and mail house to ensure appeal is relevant, timely and impactful.
- Write and customize branded materials for ISP Network and local ISP programs
- Prepare content and manage monthly “ISP Waypost” e-newsletter
- Update website and social media on regular basis
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent written communication skills with ability to write clearly, creatively and persuasively
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail with a strong commitment to accuracy, tracking, and follow through
- Ability to work independently and manage projects from start to finish
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- High energy and passion for ISP’s mission
- 5 years+ experience in non-profit marketing and/or fundraising
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in successful grant writing
- Understanding of grants cycles, and familiarity with reporting requirements and foundation stewardship
- Knowledge of research techniques for grants prospect research
- Prior experience designing and managing appeals
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments
- Able to monitor and meet income goals
- Bachelor’s degree
Location: Chicago, IL (position is office-remote hybrid)
Salary and Benefits: Salary range is commensurate with experience. ISP offers an excellent medical & benefits package, including generous health, dental, vision, long term disability and life insurance and a 401K plan, as well as office closure between Christmas and New Years’ Day.
ISP is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Apply for Marketing and Development Manager, Jesuit nonprofit
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly