Assistant Director of Development for Children's Health
Job SummaryReporting to the Director of Development for Children’s Health, the Assistant Director of Development for Children’s Health is responsible for raising mid-level gifts for the UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals. In this role, you will work with the annual and major gifts teams to grow the pipeline of major gift donors, regularly interact with hospital staff, identify funding opportunities, and enhance the donor experience for mid-level supporters of children’s health.
- Within the first month, you will begin establishing relationships with donors in your portfolio, meet key internal stakeholders and partners, and start contributing to the planning and execution of fundraising efforts in collaboration with the annual and major gifts teams
- After six months, you will be deeply engaging with donors in your portfolio, guiding the direction and implementation of fundraising efforts to improve the major gifts pipeline, and meaningfully stewarding donors
- By the end of the first year, you will have raised minimum $400,000, identified and cultivated new donors, established a strong network of colleagues, and helped meaningfully engage mid-level and major gift donors.
The UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals Foundation comprises a team
of dedicated individuals with a shared commitment to helping kids
and families live healthier lives.
We do this by:
- Fundraising for the advancement of pediatric care, research, and education
- Raising awareness of children's health issues
- Promoting a system of care that improves the lives of children with special health care needs and their families.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
- Thorough working knowledge of fundraising, donor relations, and public relations concepts, principles, procedures, and techniques
- Strong knowledge of applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies, etc.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills to establish and maintain good working relationships throughout the organization and with outside constituencies
- Strong organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills, including skills in creative and effective decision-making and problem identification/avoidance/resolution, and project management skills
- Strong skills in maintaining confidentiality
- Thorough working knowledge of the location UCSF, its vision, mission, goals, objectives, achievements and infrastructure
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences. We bring together the world’s leading experts in nearly every area of health. We are home to five Nobel laureates who have advanced the understanding of cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, aging and stem cells.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and
talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community
service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to
professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence –
also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Apply online: http://ucsfedu.contacthr.com/86880308