Membership & Development Associate
Organization: The Bryan Museum
Department: Development & Membership
Location: Galveston, TX
The Bryan Museum seeks an organized, detail-oriented, and tech-savvy Membership & Development Associate to assist in the development and membership department. This position reports to the Director of Development and Director of Membership, manages our Raiser’s Edge database, supports donor and member cultivation, assists in other special campaigns, and participates in donor and member events. Some weekend and evening hours are required.
The Bryan Museum opened in June 2015 in what was formerly the Galveston Orphans Home, built in 1895, survived the Storm of 1900, and remained an orphanage until the 1980s. Today, the Museum is home to one of the world’s largest collection of artifacts, documents, maps, and works of art relating to the history of Texas and the American West. The Bryan Museum is a non-profit 501c(3).
The Associate supports all aspects of the Museum’s donor and membership programs. Primary responsibilities include:
- Process contributions and maintain the constituent database, Raiser’s Edge.
- Run bi-weekly reports as well as monthly reports, run queries, and create mailing lists utilizing the Museum’s Raiser’s Edge database.
- Assist with implementation of all aspects of the Museum’s membership program including on-site sales, retention program, new acquisitions, benefits fulfillment, and upgrade appeals.
- Maintain membership data through the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Process all new memberships.
- Responsible for implementing donor acknowledgement and the receipting process in a timely manner.
- Track the department’s annual income and expense budget.
- Work with the Director of Development to identify and implement donor cultivation opportunities and assist with donor solicitations.
- Answer questions, provide research, fulfill website requests, and manage any specific needs of constituents.
- Assist at special events and activities for major donors, lifetime members, and prospects.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Working knowledge of CRM database programs, Raiser’s Edge experience preferred.
- Ability to manage several projects at once, meet deadlines, and work independently or collaboratively as part of a team.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills.
- Comfortable working with the public, Board Members, Museum members, and donors on the phone and/or in person.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two or more years of nonprofit experience.
- Knowledge or appreciation of museums is a plus.
- Quickbooks experience is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Salary Range $40K to $50K
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Some Weekends
Company's website: https://thebryanmuseum.org/
Work Remotely: No
To Apply: Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume
The Bryan Museum is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.