Direct Marketing Program Manager
Love animals? Want to spend your day surrounded by wagging tails and soft purrs?
Humane Society Silicon Valley (HSSV), an independent, privately funded, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, has been serving people and pets in Silicon Valley for over 90 years. Having facilitated more than half a million animal adoptions, HSSV is leading the charge for animal welfare through community education programs, creative marketing techniques and effective homeless animal prevention strategies. HSSV is the first organization ever to meet the model shelter standard-of-care guidelines put forth by the Association of Shelter Veterinarians.
We take our mission seriously: To save and enhance lives – both two-legged and four legged! Through compassion and collaboration, we are building a community in Silicon Valley where every pet has a home.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about our mission, and excited to share our compelling story with our community, sparking their desire to contribute.
The Direct Marketing Program Manager will execute and analyze creative, engaging, goal-driven direct marketing campaigns in concert with internal teams and our third party direct marketing partners. Focusing primarily on growing our donor base, you will be responsible for ensuring our direct marketing program has a great return on investment, embraces a culture of testing and experimentation, and that internal processes are smooth and efficient. You will be the daily project, relationship and budget manager with our external partners. You will drive the collection and analysis of metrics, making recommendations towards achieving our strategic goals. Your partnership and coordination with development, as well as colleagues in the marketing team and our vendors, will be critical to success.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage multi-channel campaigns, which includes but are not limited to: radiothon; print newsletter; monthly direct marketing print/online campaigns; end of year campaign (including Giving Tuesday); Giving Day; and planned giving lead generation. There are also opportunities to partner with our Marketing Manager around community events.
- Define and coordinate capture of and choose photo and video assets for campaigns, including capturing assets as needed.
- Manage annual planning and quarterly check-ins with external partners and internal stakeholders, as well as monthly campaign focused meetings.
- Provide campaign research, monitoring and analysis with regular communication to teams. Create analytical campaign reports that effectively convey project success and ROI.
- Write and create emails and other campaign messaging and communications as needed.
- Develop annual direct marketing testing and experimentation strategy and plan in concert with internal and external teams.
- Partner with Donor Relations Manager to ensure optimization of the end-to-end conversion of new donors and acknowledgement of their valued relationship with the organization.
- Work with Senior Director of Marketing and Graphic Designer to promote consistent messaging and branding across direct marketing campaigns.
- Define and manage targeted audiences and content for campaigns.
- Provide quality assurance testing for various campaign components.
- Coordinate communication calendar between Marketing and Development, and other teams as needed.
- Proactively research direct marketing opportunities and trends, and make strategic recommendations, including a range of advertising platforms.
- Other job duties may be assigned as needed.
- Three to five years relevant professional experience developing and demonstrating results for integrated multi-channel direct marketing programmatic campaigns, fundraising experience a plus (e.g., annual fund, individual giving).
- Analytics and analysis experience, including the use of data to shape strategic decisions, and the establishment of objectives and KPIs.
- Experience with print, digital and out-of-home advertising campaign management.
- Tactical expertise in audience and market research, segmentation, A/B testing and optimization.
- Familiarity with Google, Facebook, Instagram and other digital ad platforms.
- Experience with copywriting for direct marketing, including print, social media, web and email (fundraising focus a plus) and website editing (e.g., WordPress).
- Project management expertise: defining requirements, developing timelines, workflows, maintaining budgets, keeping teams on track to meet deadlines. Asana experience a plus.
- Knowledge of direct marketing best practices, preferably within a fundraising environment.
- Comfort working both independently and collaboratively within a small, close-knit team, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders and have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with management of external vendors and associated programs.
- Comfortable being in contact with animals for purposes of creating marketing assets or at events as needed.
- Experience with the following tools: Salesforce NPSP/CRM, Pardot (or similar tool), Google Analytics. Preferred experience with using Photoshop to optimize images for online and print usage, video story creation, capture and editing skills, OTT/CTV ad/campaign experience, Pardot/Salesforce certification and working with volunteers.
Work Days and Hours
Hours are flexible and based on organizational need. HSSV is a 24/7/365 organization. Occasional evening or weekend work may be required for community events or other organization-wide events on site. Opportunity to work from home two days a week, if desired.
To Apply: Submit your resume at: https://hssv.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=97&source=aWQ9MzM%3D