Director of Development
Endometriosis Foundation of America (EndoFound) seeks a highly skilled, experienced and results-oriented development professional for the role of Director of Development.
Reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with the EndoFound staff, this newly created position will be a key member of the team. The focus of the position will be to provide strategic leadership in building relationships, identifying, cultivating and soliciting individuals, corporations and foundations to grow unrestricted support for EndoFound, while promoting opportunities for targeted funding for select programs and initiatives.
- Create a major gifts program to include individuals, corporations, foundations and other entities with capacity to give a minimum of $10,000 annually and/or the ability to consider planned gifts.
- Research, identify and write grants to foundations, government agencies and corporations.
- Build stronger revenue generation systems including analyzing donor metrics, creating annual development calendar, donor campaigns, develop donor materials and protocols.
- Develop the “case” for EndoFound for Board and volunteers to solicit fundraising.
- Assist with events including solicitation of underwriters and partners.
- Create a planned giving program.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree and/or CFRE certification a plus.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Seven years of successful development experiences including success in cultivating, stewarding, and closing five and six figure gifts and managing a portfolio of donors.
- Experience working for a disease foundation or health care organization a plus
- Grant Writing Experience
- Successful track record creating fundraising campaigns and ongoing development programs.
- Demonstrated experience with donor management software (Salesforce preferred)
- Proficiency to manage multiple deadlines, working independently, communicate ideas with enthusiasm to donors. Excellent interpersonal skills with collegial approach.
- Exemplify ethical standards of professional fundraising including confidentiality, as warranted.
Apply for Director of Development
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly