With world attention on both the environment and the
economy, Environmental Defense Fund
(EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders
turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon
partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats
with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest
environmental organizations, with more than two million members and
a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy
experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22
geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You
will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results
are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds
and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we
face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We
seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect,
Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our
The Development Coordinator will be responsible for supporting
the overall management of stewardship deliverables to the
organization’s major and principal gift donors, and for assisting
with timely and accurate administration of major and principal
gifts/grants. They will work closely with major and institutional
gift officers/coordinators, development operations staff, and
program, finance and executive team members to support: development
and tracking of proposals and gift/grant agreements; gift/grant
stewardship and administration plans; and, timely, accurate and
compelling reporting to EDF’s top supporters. The Development
Coordinator will also be responsible for supporting the development
and implementation of best practices for donor stewardship and
gift/grant administration. In addition, they will work closely with
development and program colleagues to assist with the execution of
creative stewardship that strengthens the relationship of donors
- Work closely with the Director of Donor Stewardship and Gift
Administration to manage goal-related initiatives, ensure
compliance with policies, monitor and report on metrics, manage
workflows, create documentation and donor correspondence and
perform administrative tasks.
- Act as a liaison with development, program and finance
colleagues to coordinate complex projects brought about due to
process or procedural changes and technological upgrades.
- Communicate with stakeholders, and other interested
- Ensure that project tasks are completed in a timely
- Maintenance of a complete library of donor stewardship and gift
administration processes, procedures, policies, and
- Manage the timely exchange of stewardship and gift
administration information between program staff, development
colleagues and others as it pertains to donor relations.
- Support donor stewardship and gift administration efforts as
- Participate in department-wide initiatives, projects, meetings,
retreats and events.
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from
all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and
empowered to address the environmental and organizational
challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- 20% or less of travel is expected for this position.
Stewardship & Gift Administration:
- Create, maintain and improve donor stewardship and gift
administration information in Salesforce (fundraising
- Create, run, and distribute reports to track and manage donor
stewardship and gift administration initiatives.
- Produce quarterly and interim gift administration reports.
- Develop and implement workflow systems to enhance efficiency of
donor stewardship and gift administration through use of internal
tools and Salesforce.
Donor Acknowledgement & Recognition:
- Coordinate all aspects of donor acknowledgements, including
pulling and editing of lists and ensuring acknowledgements are
promptly noted in Salesforce.
- Accurately draft a variety of written materials including
correspondence to donors and new acknowledgement templates.
- Assist with donor recognition initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree is required
- At least 3 years relevant work experience or an advanced degree
with 1 year of related experience.
- Experience with fundraising databases and donor reporting
strongly preferred. Salesforce is a plus.
- Experience with project management software preferred.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills,
- Eagerness to work in a fast-paced work environment -- and
ability to get up to speed quickly, solve problems independently,
and juggle multiple assignments to complete tasks on time.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Motivation to develop relationships and work collaboratively
across the department and organization.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and
inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders
across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Proficiency in the use of PCs and Microsoft Office Suite (Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal
opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are
considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
basis prohibited by law.