Development Coordinator Stewardship & Gift Admin
With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
The Development Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the overall management of stewardship deliverables to the organization’s major and principal gift donors, and for assisting with timely and accurate administration of major and principal gifts/grants. They will work closely with major and institutional gift officers/coordinators, development operations staff, and program, finance and executive team members to support: development and tracking of proposals and gift/grant agreements; gift/grant stewardship and administration plans; and, timely, accurate and compelling reporting to EDF’s top supporters. The Development Coordinator will also be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of best practices for donor stewardship and gift/grant administration. In addition, they will work closely with development and program colleagues to assist with the execution of creative stewardship that strengthens the relationship of donors with EDF.
- Work closely with the Director of Donor Stewardship and Gift Administration to manage goal-related initiatives, ensure compliance with policies, monitor and report on metrics, manage workflows, create documentation and donor correspondence and perform administrative tasks.
- Act as a liaison with development, program and finance colleagues to coordinate complex projects brought about due to process or procedural changes and technological upgrades.
- Communicate with stakeholders, and other interested parties.
- Ensure that project tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintenance of a complete library of donor stewardship and gift administration processes, procedures, policies, and guidelines.
- Manage the timely exchange of stewardship and gift administration information between program staff, development colleagues and others as it pertains to donor relations.
- Support donor stewardship and gift administration efforts as needed.
- Participate in department-wide initiatives, projects, meetings, retreats and events.
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- 20% or less of travel is expected for this position.
Stewardship & Gift Administration:
- Create, maintain and improve donor stewardship and gift administration information in Salesforce (fundraising database).
- Create, run, and distribute reports to track and manage donor stewardship and gift administration initiatives.
- Produce quarterly and interim gift administration reports.
- Develop and implement workflow systems to enhance efficiency of donor stewardship and gift administration through use of internal tools and Salesforce.
Donor Acknowledgement & Recognition:
- Coordinate all aspects of donor acknowledgements, including pulling and editing of lists and ensuring acknowledgements are promptly noted in Salesforce.
- Accurately draft a variety of written materials including correspondence to donors and new acknowledgement templates.
- Assist with donor recognition initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree is required
- At least 3 years relevant work experience or an advanced degree with 1 year of related experience.
- Experience with fundraising databases and donor reporting strongly preferred. Salesforce is a plus.
- Experience with project management software preferred.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, self-starter attitude.
- Eagerness to work in a fast-paced work environment -- and ability to get up to speed quickly, solve problems independently, and juggle multiple assignments to complete tasks on time.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Motivation to develop relationships and work collaboratively across the department and organization.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Proficiency in the use of PCs and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.