(New York, NY)
Helen Keller Intl is a global health organization dedicated to eliminating preventable vision loss, malnutrition and diseases of poverty. Co-founded by Helen Keller – and guided by her fierce optimism and belief in human potential – the organization delivers life-changing health and food security solutions to build resilience of vulnerable families where the need is great but access to care is limited. In the US, Africa, and Asia, Helen Keller’s proven, science-based programs empower people to create opportunities in their own lives and build lasting change.
Helen Keller overcame tremendous obstacles to her health and wellbeing – and helped millions of others to do the same. Guided by her remarkable legacy, Helen Keller Intl partners with communities that are striving to overcome longstanding cycles of poverty. By delivering the essential building blocks of good health, sound nutrition and clear vision, we help millions of people create lasting change in their own lives. Together with a global community of supporters, we are ensuring that every person has the opportunity – as Helen did – to reach their true potential.
The Marketing and Communications team is an integral unit of Helen Keller’s External Relations department that is responsible for raising highly flexible unrestricted and restricted funds in order to support Helen Keller Intl’s global health, nutrition and vision work. Specifically, the Marketing and Communications team works to raise Helen Keller’s profile and brand, develop and communicate stories of impact on the lives of individuals, families and communities, and help attract and engage philanthropic individuals and families passionate about Helen Keller’s mission.
Scope of the Position
Reporting to the Director, Marketing and Communications, the Marketing Manager will join a small but growing team. S/he will work closely with the Director to develop an integrated marketing strategy focused on targeting and engaging US-based prospects and donors to increase Helen Keller’s ability to execute on its mission. S/he will then interpret and execute this strategy across key channels including Helen Keller’s websites, social media channels, collateral development and advertising efforts. The ideal candidate is a marketing expert with broad skills and an appetite to deeply understand our on-the-ground work and translate its impact for core audiences.
This role is highly collaborative and requires strong relationship-building skills. The Marketing Manager will collaborate with colleagues across the External Relations team and whole organization to leverage diverse knowledge and expertise and to capture the impact of our programs and translate it for our digital channels. Regular communication and a spirit of teamwork among colleagues, both hierarchically and laterally are essential to make this structure thrive.
- Content development (40%)
- Interpret, execute and measure marketing strategy across a myriad of channels to raise Helen Keller Intl’s profile and increase unrestricted giving.
- Develop and manage External Relations editorial calendar; establish a process and cross-team committee to inform and update calendar.
- In partnership with Core Donor Communities, develop and execute donor and subscriber email strategy; support email design, testing deployment and analysis.
- Design of key collateral including display ads, one-pagers, donor-facing documents, website and social media content, etc.
- Support the implementation of brand management policies and processes; design and develop tools and templates, as needed.
- Digital marketing (25%)
- Manage day-to-day maintenance for Helen Keller websites including content and campaign updates, positioning and blog.
- Interpret marketing strategy for social media platforms to grow a community of engaged followers and partner with Storyteller on strategy execution.
- In partnership with the Director, convene a group of social media contributors to share our work and impact directly with our audiences.
- Liaise with social media influencers to increase awareness about Helen Keller’s impact and encourage philanthropic support.
- Define and track website and social media measurements; report on analytics on a regular basis and make recommendations based on results.
- Advertising (25%)
- Manage External Relations advertising efforts including display advertising, Google Grant, social media, etc.
- Serve as primary content developer for brand awareness campaigns to target suspect and prospective donors.
- Partner with Core Donor Communities and Major Giving teams to execute donor-targeted advertising. Serve as a project manager and content expert in defining objectives, audiences, goals and content objectives.
- Marketing operations (10%)
- Serve as primary point of contact for key vendor relationships including website and advertising agencies and freelancers; support invoicing and RFP processes as needed.
- Collaborate with External Affairs colleagues and various departments including Program, Operations and Information Technology to support website integrations such as donation forms, career page recruitment system, security features, and program resources.
- Manage, maintain and optimize ResourceSpace digital asset library; support trainings and provide recommendations for collegues across the organization on best practices and curation.
- Act as primary point-person for marketing support requests; field queries through the marketing team inbox.
- Education: Degree in communications, marketing or related field a plus; and
- Experience: 5-7 years of professional experience in marketing, advertising, communications, public relations and/or advocacy preferably with a global nonprofit or NGO or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In depth practical experience using social and digital media; keeps up-to-date with tools and trends.
- Expertise in website management, SEO and analytics including experience with WordPress, Google Ad words and Analytics, Facebook Business Manager and Twitter analytics.
- Knowledge of CRM and enterprise email clients (Blackbaud and Luminate a plus).
- Experience managing advertising campaigns across various platforms; agency experience a plus.
- Graphic design experience and expertise with Adobe Creative Suite; experience managing and producing photography and video content a plus.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills, with focus and experience in synthesizing complex content into essential, compelling messages for digital platforms.
- Proven project management skills – able to manage competing priorities and thrive under tight deadlines while ensuring attention to detail.
- Experience managing vendors and other external partners including web firms, designer, and/or marketing consultants.
- Collaborative, passionate, enthusiastic, flexible and solution-oriented.
- Demonstrable respect for all persons regardless of religion, ethnicity, class or gender, with a high comfort level working in a diverse environment with a demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards.
- Commitment to Helen Keller Intl’s work and mission.
- Experience or interest in donor communications, development, or fundraising.
- Proficiency in French is a plus.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
In the spirit of our founder and namesake, Helen Keller
is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is fully valued.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need to request an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact us at the email above or call: +1 646-356-1789.
Apply for Marketing Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly