Associate Director of Development
Associate Director of Development
The Associate Director of Development will advance the vision of Johnson Health Center (JHC) and build and implement a long-term development program strategy. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Associate Director of Development will be responsible for leading a collaborative effort to manage, influence, and grow contributions to support program goals.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain all aspects of donor records in donor management software database of individual, foundation, and corporate donors to grow charitable giving.
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with targeted potential community donors, actively networking, and making the ask for funding when appropriate, independently or in collaboration with other JHC representation.
- Plans and maintains tracking of campaigns and events in the donor management software database.
- Personally travels to visit donors to secure contributions and identify potential campaigns, major gifts, and planned giving prospects.
- Generate internal donor reports that support strategic decision-making.
- Ensures compliance with donor regulations and requirements.
- Creates and manages acknowledgement letters, recognition of donors, and the delivery of any necessary reports and communications to appropriate constituents in a timely manner.
- Work directly with other departments to ensure contributions meet donor intent and established criteria.
- Prepare, maintain, and communicate internal checklists, calendars, and timelines of donor and grant deadlines.
- Assist in initial review of all grant applications to assure that they are complete and that all required information is included and properly addressed.
- Maintain accurate and updated records of all applications and grants, including updating supporting documents as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Employee will abide by the Code of Conduct as documented in the Corporate Compliance Manual.
- Must demonstrate a personal and professional commitment to Johnson Health Center and its mission.
- Leadership may modify, add or remove any job functions as necessary, or as changing organizational needs require.
ACTIVELY DEMONSTRATES DEDICATION AND COMMITMENT TO THE CORE VALUES OF JHC:
- Respect – We value and respect each patient, their family, ourselves and each other. Every individual associated with Johnson Health Center will be treated with dignity and respect. We value and respect people’s differences, show empathy to our patients, their families and each other, and work collectively to build Johnson Health Center as a health center and an employer of choice.
- Integrity –We are committed to doing the right thing every time. Our actions reflect our commitment to honesty, openness, truthfulness, accuracy and ethical behavior. We are accountable for the decisions we make and the outcome of those decisions.
- Excellence –We will pursue excellence each and every day in activities that foster, teamwork, quality improvement, patient care, innovation and efficiencies. At Johnson Health Center, our medical, dental, pharmacy, behavioral health, front desk and administrative teams are passionately committed to the highest quality of care for our patients. We continually seek out ways to enhance the patient experience and promote an environment of continuous quality improvement.
- Innovation – We value creativity, flexibility and continuous improvement efforts. We are advocates and instruments of positive change, encouraging employees to engage in responsible risk-taking and working to make a difference. Out of the box thinking enables us to build on successes and learn from failures.
- Teamwork –We understand that teamwork is the essence of our ability to succeed. We work across functional boundaries, embracing diversity, for the good of the organization. Our collaborative approach ensures a culture of participation, learning and respect and serves to improve the quality of patient care. By focusing on a team based approach, the expertise of each Johnson Health Center employee is leveraged to optimize the patient experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, public relations, communication, or other related field required.
- Two to five years’ experience in professional development, donor management, and/or grants management.
- Must be self-motivated with strong organizational skills and computer experience, including, but not limited to Word, Excel and database functions.
- Must possess strong communication and influencing skills and work well with external organizations and employees.