Development Manager, Fundraising (Addiction Recovery Industry)
Since 1968, Integrity House has provided comprehensive and successful addiction treatment services for individuals with substance use disorders. In addition to being CARF accredited, Integrity House is recognized statewide as a treatment leader. The organization offers inpatient, outpatient and medication-assisted treatments, halfway houses, and sober living options, in combination with support services, to individuals with substance use and other co-occurring mental health diagnoses that get them on the path of sustainable recovery.
Integrity House is seeking a Development Manager to maintain and strategically increase Integrity House’s financial resources. This individual helps to sustain Integrity House’s position as a recognized provider of a high-quality continuum of care for individuals with substance use and mental health disorders. This individual will report to the Senior Director of Development and Strategy, and supervise a Development Specialist and part-time Special Events Associate.
This individual has strong communication skills, including the ability to leverage data and storytelling to create compelling proposals. This individual has the ability to write in a compelling and accessible way about services and programs that address substance use and mental health disorders, and social determinants of health such as housing, education, and workforce readiness. This individual will also be tasked with growing Integrity’s individual gifts program, which includes pursuing major gifts and planned giving opportunities. You understand that SUD is a public health epidemic in New Jersey and would like to be a part of an organization that is working to help people rebuild lives.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Monitor and maintain Integrity’s current government contracts and foundation grants, including completing renewal applications in collaboration with the Development Specialist.
- Research and complete new grant and foundation applications and implementation planning by working closely with funders, program leadership, finance, and the Development Specialist.
- Conduct outreach to funders/represent Integrity House at meetings/bidder’s conferences.
- Work actively on funder gratitude, recognition, and stewardship.
- Expand Integrity’s individual giving program through donor prospecting, cultivation, and recognition/stewardship.
- Pursue major gifts and planned giving opportunities.
- Expand private foundation resources.
- Work with the Senior Leadership Team and directors/managers to identify funding priorities for the agency.
- Oversee the successful execution of fundraising, prospect cultivation, and awareness-building events organized by the Special Events Associate.
- Lead committees for Golf Classic and Annual Gala.
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing and External Affairs to promote fundraising events.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree. Graduate coursework is a plus.
- Additional education and training in grant writing and/or fundraising (e.g., CFRE, GPC, etc.).
- 5+ years of resource development experience with an emphasis on proposal writing, planning, strategy, government grants/contracts, and foundation grants.
- Leadership experience (2+ years) which can be concurrent with development experience requirement.
- Exceptional proposal writing skills.
- Knowledge of diverse set of funding streams (e.g., addiction/mental health treatment, housing, recovery support services, etc.) at city, county, state, and federal levels.
- Financial competency in planning, budgeting, reporting, and general knowledge of cash flow principals.
- Excellent analytic, planning, financial, and organizational skills on both a high and detailed level.
- Technological proficiency (i.e., ability to work with multiple online application submission portals, word processors, spreadsheets, graphics, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Interest in and knowledge of substance use and mental health disorders, and recovery.
- Prioritization skills and ability to effectively meet multiple funder requirements in a deadline driven environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of and ability to execute all phases of fundraising cycle (i.e., prospecting, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship).
- Strong interpersonal skills commensurate with the need to work closely with board members, funders and prospects, senior leadership, and program managers/directors.
Please note that this is an on-site position. Integrity House continues to follow best practices for COVID-19 prevention, including:
- Regular deep cleaning of agency facilities;
- Requiring all staff and clients to properly wear masks and maintain social distancing;
- Mandating that staff perform daily, confidential temperature checks;
- Restricting external/outside visitors from accessing facilities; and
- Monthly testing of clients and staff.
Interested candidates must submit a thoughtfully written cover letter, resume, and two (2) writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Development Manager’ in the subject line. Applications that do not include the required writing samples will not be considered.
Full-time employees receive a robust benefits package that includes paid holidays, vacation, sick, and personal days; tuition reimbursement; medical, dental and vision benefits; short and long-term disability, life insurance; and a 403b retirement and profit sharing plan with a dollar-for-dollar match up. Integrity also offers ample opportunities for advancement; professional development; a warm, collaborative environment; numerous staff appreciation activities, and wellness initiatives.INTEGRITY HOUSE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY
Apply for Development Manager, Fundraising (Addiction Recovery Industry)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly