Title: Development Manager
Posting Date: May 4, 2021
Location: Newark, NJ
Since 1968, Integrity House has provided comprehensive and
successful addiction treatment services for individuals with
substance use disorders. In addition to being CARF accredited,
Integrity House is recognized statewide as a treatment leader. The
organization offers inpatient, outpatient and medication-assisted
treatments, halfway houses, and sober living options, in
combination with support services, to individuals with substance
use and other co-occurring mental health diagnoses that get them on
the path of sustainable recovery.
Integrity House is seeking a Development
Manager to maintain and strategically increase
Integrity House’s financial resources. This individual helps to
sustain Integrity House’s position as a recognized provider of a
high-quality continuum of care for individuals with substance use
and mental health disorders. This individual will report to the
Senior Director of Development and Strategy, and supervise a
Development Specialist and part-time Special Events Associate.
This individual has strong communication skills, including the
ability to leverage data and storytelling to create compelling
proposals. This individual has the ability to write in a compelling
and accessible way about services and programs that address
substance use and mental health disorders, and social determinants
of health such as housing, education, and workforce readiness. This
individual will also be tasked with growing Integrity’s individual
gifts program, which includes pursuing major gifts and planned
giving opportunities. You understand that SUD is a public health
epidemic in New Jersey and would like to be a part of an
organization that is working to help people rebuild lives.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Monitor and maintain Integrity’s current government contracts
and foundation grants, including completing renewal applications in
collaboration with the Development Specialist.
- Research and complete new grant and foundation applications and
implementation planning by working closely with funders, program
leadership, finance, and the Development Specialist.
- Conduct outreach to funders/represent Integrity House at
- Work actively on funder gratitude, recognition, and
- Expand Integrity’s individual giving program through donor
prospecting, cultivation, and recognition/stewardship.
- Pursue major gifts and planned giving opportunities.
- Expand private foundation resources.
- Work with the Senior Leadership Team and directors/managers to
identify funding priorities for the agency.
- Oversee the successful execution of fundraising, prospect
cultivation, and awareness-building events organized by the Special
- Lead committees for Golf Classic and Annual Gala.
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing and External
Affairs to promote fundraising events.
Job qualifications include:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree. Graduate coursework is a plus.
- Additional education and training in grant writing and/or
fundraising (e.g., CFRE, GPC, etc.).
- 5+ years of resource development experience with an emphasis on
proposal writing, planning, strategy, government grants/contracts,
and foundation grants.
- Leadership experience (2+ years) which can be concurrent with
development experience requirement.
- Exceptional proposal writing skills.
- Knowledge of diverse set of funding streams (e.g.,
addiction/mental health treatment, housing, recovery support
services, etc.) at city, county, state, and federal levels.
- Financial competency in planning, budgeting, reporting, and
general knowledge of cash flow principals.
- Excellent analytic, planning, financial, and organizational
skills on both a high and detailed level.
- Technological proficiency (i.e., ability to work with multiple
online application submission portals, word processors,
spreadsheets, graphics, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Interest in and knowledge of substance use and mental health
disorders, and recovery.
- Prioritization skills and ability to effectively meet multiple
funder requirements in a deadline driven environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of and ability to execute all
phases of fundraising cycle (i.e., prospecting, cultivation,
solicitation, and stewardship).
- Strong interpersonal skills commensurate with the need to work
closely with board members, funders and prospects, senior
leadership, and program managers/directors.
Please note that this is an on-site
position. Integrity House continues
to follow best practices for COVID-19 prevention, including:
- Regular deep cleaning of agency facilities;
- Requiring all staff and clients to properly wear masks and
maintain social distancing;
- Mandating that staff perform daily, confidential temperature
- Restricting external/outside visitors from accessing
- Monthly testing of clients and staff.
Interested candidates must submit a thoughtfully written cover
letter, resume, and two (2) writing samples
to email@example.com with
‘Development Manager’ in the subject line. Applications that do not
include the required writing samples will not be considered.
Full-time employees receive a robust benefits package that
includes paid holidays, vacation, sick, and personal days; tuition
reimbursement; medical, dental and vision benefits; short and
long-term disability, life insurance; and a 403b retirement and
profit sharing plan with a dollar-for-dollar match up. Integrity
also offers ample opportunities for advancement; professional
development; a warm, collaborative environment; numerous staff
appreciation activities, and wellness initiatives.
INTEGRITY HOUSE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO