Key results expected:
- Promote strong market intelligence across team and work
collaboratively with the Chief Investment Officer in identifying
strategic and tactical opportunities for Gavi’s investment
- Provide thought leadership, organize, and assign investment
- Advance risk management regime across Investments team and
support teams’ ability to deliver strong risk-adjusted
- Produce concise and persuasive recommendations and analysis,
including excellent data visualization.
- Ensure delivery of comprehensive and accurate performance and
risk reporting to the Investment Committee, the Gavi Board, the
senior management team, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and coach direct reports, including interns and promote
Main duties/ Responsibilities:
- Cultivate and maintain excellent relationships with senior
level executives such as chief investment officers, senior
portfolio managers, chief financial officers, chief risk officers,
and chief compliance officers at investment management firms and
- Provide financial markets guidance to and foster cooperation
across Gavi teams such as Finance, Resource Mobilization,
Governance, and Internal Audit teams.
- Research and Identify key market themes that will serve as the
foundation for essential communication points in the Investment
Committee and Board reports and presentations.
- Assess and advocate for software, databases, and industry
publications to enable the Investments team to deliver
- Oversee compliance with the organization’s investment
guidelines such as the Investment Policy Statement, Asset
Allocation Statement and Sustainable Investment Policy and advise
Chief Investment Officer of anticipated portfolio changes.
- Consolidate internal financial forecasts, capital markets
assumptions and Gavi risk appetite to develop thematic drivers for
scenario analyses and the annual asset allocation study.
- Lead and report findings from due diligence meetings of
assigned prospective and current investment managers.
- Prepare cogent recommendations for hiring and firing investment
managers, and other essential vendors.
- Manage inquiries and prepare documentation related to Gavi’s
internal audit work plans.
- Provide cross functional support on organization-wide risk
reviews and other projects as needed
- Coordinate annual risk control and assessment matrix for risk
rating investment managers and prepare attendant report for the
Gavi Alliance Investment Committee.
- Represent Gavi at conferences and discussion panels.
- Partner with NGOs, non-profits, or other institutional
investors to identify investment strategies of mutual interest and
develop joint strategies for negotiating favourable fee schedules
and other contractual arrangements.
- Build and maintain Gavi’s strong reputation in the investment
Note: The essential functions listed in this section
are not exhaustive of the job responsibilities; other duties may be
assigned consistently with department needs.
- Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited university, with
preference for finance, economics, or international relations
- Graduate degree such as a master’s in business administration
or science highly desirable.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) certification required.
- Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) certification
or other professional certification is helpful.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience at an investment
bank (highly desirable), corporate or government pension plan,
international non-profit or sovereign wealth fund.
- Well-developed understanding of capital markets, portfolio
management and asset allocation.
- Ability to explain technical investment concepts in a concise
and effective manner.
- Highly developed analytical, problem-solving and research
- Excellent communications skills required, including excellent
data visualization, effective writing, and presentation
- Ability to think and work independently and to meet tight
- High proficiency in MS Office, with strengths in PowerPoint and
- High proficiency with Bloomberg.
- High proficiency with conferencing platforms such as Zoom, MS
Teams or WebEx.
- A team player, open-minded, collaborative, and creative.
- Able to work comfortably in a multi-cultural environment.
- Good knowledge of institutional or organizational policies,
systems, and procedures.
- Good use of tact and discretion.
- Travel requirements: <15%.
- Written and spoken fluency in English.
- Proficiency in French is an asset.
- Investment Committee, Board members
- Investment managers and vendors
- Industry peers
GAVI is committed to diversity within its workforce and
encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
If you wish to apply, please submit resume and cover letter by
visiting our Careers webpage and
apply by clicking on "Head, Investments.” Only shortlisted
candidates will be contacted.