Director of Annual Giving
Austin Preparatory School
Director of Annual Giving
The Director of Annual Giving reports to the Director of Development and is responsible for the strategic execution and management of a comprehensive annual giving program, including the coordination and oversight of supporting initiatives in the areas of development and donor relations. The Director of Annual Giving provides strategic direction and long-range/short-range planning for all these areas in the context of growing the annual giving program while supporting the greater development and campaign goals of the school.
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Support the School and its leadership in advancing the mission of Austin Prep and safeguarding the School’s Roman Catholic identity and Augustinian heritage.
- Design strategic and tactical plans, including solicitation letters and pieces, for achieving these goals in collaboration with the Director of Development.
- Create effective communication and solicitation activities within specific market segments identified as having potential for the greatest growth.
- Maintain high visibility in the School community, attending a variety of student, parent, admissions, and alumni events.
- Oversee all annual giving and donor relations programs including faculty/staff campaigns, parent class agent program, senior gift and other solicitation activities.
- Supervise data entry, report writing and generation, gift processing, donor stewardship, and all additional aspects of the School’s constituent relations software.
- Collaborate in the formulation and execution of solicitations supporting annual giving.
- Manage a prospect pool with annual goals for personal visits and giving outcomes.
- Create, develop and execute a highly effective and sustainable volunteer component within annual giving.
- Work effectively with leadership to gain strong participation in annual giving and build strategies for moving donors to higher giving levels.
- Identify corporate and foundation funding opportunities and help draft grant applications.
- Pursue professional development opportunities to implement best practices in alignment with the School’s pace of change and growth.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
The successful candidate should possess the following collection of skills, experience, and education:
- Must be an independent and strategic thinker capable of understanding the full scope of an annual fund campaign while seeing individual tasks through to completion.
- Must be able to manage several tasks simultaneously, possessing an ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage deadlines effectively.
- High level of integrity and extraordinary work ethic
- Ability to build meaningful relationship with individuals for purposes of cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of gifts to the School.
- Ability to work creatively to match donor interests with the School’s priorities
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively throughout the School community to move projects forward
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and ability to speak and write persuasively
- 5 – 7 years of successful direct fundraising experience, event planning, and account management, preferably in an academic setting
- BA/BS degree required
Apply for Director of Annual Giving
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly