Advancement Operations Team Lead
- Plan, develop, and execute detailed work plans for complex short-term and long-term deliverables across multiple departments, project teams, and program contexts
- Provide thought leadership and work independently and collaboratively to solve problems and identify team-based opportunities for program innovation, design, and improvement
- Effectively use multiple information systems to identify, research, analyze, and produce strategy recommendations, progress reports, and executive presentations for various stakeholders and audience levels
- In consultation and partnership with Associate Dean of External Affairs for Strategy and Innovation, define structure, scope, governance, dependencies, and timelines for advancement operations, including external affairs projects as assigned.
- Regularly monitor, track, and provide team leadership to ensure advancement operations and external affairs’ program deliverables are executed to the highest quality and delivered within defined scope, budget, and progress specification
- Conduct timely, relevant, accurate, and advanced program analysis to support program innovation and information strategy using a variety of tools (Excel, Python, R, Tableau, Salesforce, Cognos, etc.)
- Evaluate, analyze, and synthesize data across various systems to generate actionable insights, recommendations, and program enhancements
- Build, validate, and document processes, data sources, and cross-training materials
- Serve as a program liaison for various university departments as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Equity-minded leader with proven track-record of strategic information management, project management, and leadership within and across teams
- Exceptional critical thinking, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and intellectually curious with a solid grasp of information systems, operations, processes, and program administration
- Collaborative work style with the ability to also work independently, take initiative, and set priorities while being flexible in a dynamic and team-based environment
- Impact-oriented strategist able to effectively manage complex programs, technical requirements, and project deliverables for various internal and external constituencies
- Highly organized and proven ability to handle multiple short-term and long-term projects on time and within scope and budget
- Understand the critical role of research, scope, requirements analysis, systems design, and business processes as they relate to effective program administration and advancement operations
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality of information management in a dynamic and high-performing team
- Provide high-quality work deliverables and foster continuous process improvement
- Passion to learn, innovate, and create relevant, effect, and sustainable business solutions
- Bachelor's Degree with 3 or more years of relevant work experience, 1 of which are in program administration or any equivalent combination of experience and/or education
- Demonstrated knowledge of advanced data analysis using Excel, R, Python, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management tools, e.g., Trello, Project, Asana, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of CRM database systems, data analytics, constituent research
- Proficiency with reporting tools including but not limited to Excel, Tableau, or Cognos
- Exceptional ability to simultaneously, effectively, and efficiently manage multiple projects of variable complexity
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills in both verbal and written form
- Experience in thinking strategically, creatively, and independently
- Program administration leadership with strong attention to detail, accuracy, and completion within a dynamic, fast-paced, and team-based environment
- Positive attitude with a commitment and passion for problem-solving, program impact, and continuous process improvement
- Resume and cover letter required (may be uploaded as one file). Please do not submit your application without these documents.
- Job openings are posted for a minimum of (5) five business days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended, so please apply on the same business day if interested.
- USC has excellent benefits, including health benefits for staff and their family with access to the renowned university medical network; eligibility for retirement plans with employer contributions after six months of employment; tuition benefits for staff and their family; free Professional Development classes; central Los Angeles location with easy access to commuter trains, buses and free tram pick up services; discounts to sporting and other campus events.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined
experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 3 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Directly related professional experience in area of program specialization.