Director of Development, UNM Sandoval Regional Medical Center
Join a dynamic team of development professionals working to advance the mission of the University of New Mexico. The UNM Foundation seeks nominations and applications for a part-time, Director of Development for UNM Sandoval Regional Medical Center (SRMC).
Sandoval Regional Medical Center is part of the UNM Health Science Center and UNM Health System. Located in the heart of Rio Rancho, SRMC brings the resources of an academic health care facility to a diverse community. Our providers offer a level of quality and safety you will not find anywhere else in New Mexico.
SRMC is poised to be the healthcare provider of choice in the region with a 60-bed hospital, 55,000 square foot professional arts building, and they recently broke ground on the Center of Excellence for Orthopedic Surgery and Rehabilitation. As a leading COVID-19 care provider in the region, SRMC provides 24/7 emergency care for our sickest patients. The COVID-19 pandemic changed lives in ways that we could have never imagined and the Director of Development at SRMC will play a key role in helping SRMC meet its current and growing mission.
The successful applicant will work closely with the Senior Director of Development for UNM Hospitals, SRMC leadership, staff, volunteers, and friends to identify prospects, develop strategies leading to major gift solicitation, and stewardship of major donors. The primary focus of the position is to identify and cultivate prospects and solicit major gifts for the hospital, with a focus on community engagement, as defined by UNM Foundation measures.
• Responsible for obtaining gifts as defined by UNM Foundation and as prioritized by SRMC CEO.
• Develops a culture of philanthropy internally and in the community.
• Represents the UNM Foundation and SRMC at community events while networking to recruit new community donors.
• Identifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards major donors and prospects, including individuals, corporations, and foundations, through visits and other forms of direct personal contact in accordance with performance targets set by the UNM Foundation.
• Establishes effective working relationships with Hospital leadership and other staff.
• Enlists senior management in furthering the hospital’s fund-raising program; provides effective staffing and support.
• Collaborative engagement of volunteer efforts regarding the cultivation and stewardship of major gift donors and major gift prospects.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with the UNM Foundation and colleagues to maximize the unit's total gift revenue.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution required.
• Three (3) or more years related experience in health science/healthcare major gift development/fundraising
• Proven ability to manage a major gift portfolio, develop relationships, solicit, and bring to fruition major, private gifts.
• Experience in medical facility/hospital capital campaign fundraising.
• Experience in managing events and volunteers.
Must be able to drive personal vehicle for University and Foundation business (mileage reimbursed) and hold a valid driver’s license with current insurance, and a clean driving record. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of criminal, driving record, and employment background screening. Some positions may also require credit background screening as well.
What we offer:
• The opportunity to work collaboratively with a group of highly motivated and metrics driven development professionals.
• A broad set of competitive benefits including healthcare options, ongoing professional development and educational opportunities, Flexible Paid Leave Plan, access to on-site wellness, exceptional retirement contributions, and much more.
• An annual salary $40,000 for this part-time-position.
• A beautiful, active, and diverse community to work and thrive in. The SRMC campus is located in the heart of Rio Rancho, New Mexico, the state’s third largest city and a suburb of Albuquerque, the state’s largest city. Rio Rancho, also known as the City of Vision, has been recognized as one of “America’s 50 Best Cities to Live” citing exceptional public schools and well below national average crime rates (24/7 Wall Street).
• Diverse cultures, authentic art and dynamic traditions have helped shape our centuries-old story. No matter your interests, there are countless opportunities for you to explore. Sample traditional New Mexican cuisine that takes minutes to make and hundreds of years to prepare, experience world-class museums, stroll along the Rio Grande in the Bosque, or soar high above the city in a hot air balloon — a sight sure to change your perspective.
The UNM Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce and are dedicated to the goal of building an inclusive and pluralistic staff.