Join a dynamic team of development professionals working to
advance the mission of the University of New Mexico. The UNM
Foundation seeks nominations and applications for a part-time,
Director of Development for UNM Sandoval Regional Medical Center
Sandoval Regional Medical Center is part of the UNM Health
Science Center and UNM Health System. Located in the heart of Rio
Rancho, SRMC brings the resources of an academic health care
facility to a diverse community. Our providers offer a level of
quality and safety you will not find anywhere else in New
SRMC is poised to be the healthcare provider of choice in the
region with a 60-bed hospital, 55,000 square foot professional arts
building, and they recently broke ground on the Center of
Excellence for Orthopedic Surgery and Rehabilitation. As a leading
COVID-19 care provider in the region, SRMC provides 24/7 emergency
care for our sickest patients. The COVID-19 pandemic changed lives
in ways that we could have never imagined and the Director of
Development at SRMC will play a key role in helping SRMC meet its
current and growing mission.
The successful applicant will work closely with the Senior
Director of Development for UNM Hospitals, SRMC leadership, staff,
volunteers, and friends to identify prospects, develop strategies
leading to major gift solicitation, and stewardship of major
donors. The primary focus of the position is to identify and
cultivate prospects and solicit major gifts for the hospital, with
a focus on community engagement, as defined by UNM Foundation
• Responsible for obtaining gifts as defined by UNM Foundation and
as prioritized by SRMC CEO.
• Develops a culture of philanthropy internally and in the
• Represents the UNM Foundation and SRMC at community events while
networking to recruit new community donors.
• Identifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards major donors and
prospects, including individuals, corporations, and foundations,
through visits and other forms of direct personal contact in
accordance with performance targets set by the UNM
• Establishes effective working relationships with Hospital
leadership and other staff.
• Enlists senior management in furthering the hospital’s
fund-raising program; provides effective staffing and
• Collaborative engagement of volunteer efforts regarding the
cultivation and stewardship of major gift donors and major gift
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with
the UNM Foundation and colleagues to maximize the unit's total gift
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
• Three (3) or more years related experience in health
science/healthcare major gift development/fundraising
• Proven ability to manage a major gift portfolio, develop
relationships, solicit, and bring to fruition major, private
• Experience in medical facility/hospital capital campaign
• Experience in managing events and volunteers.
Must be able to drive personal vehicle for University and
Foundation business (mileage reimbursed) and hold a valid driver’s
license with current insurance, and a clean driving record. Offers
of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of
criminal, driving record, and employment background screening. Some
positions may also require credit background screening as well.
What we offer:
• The opportunity to work collaboratively with a group of highly
motivated and metrics driven development professionals.
• A broad set of competitive benefits including healthcare options,
ongoing professional development and educational opportunities,
Flexible Paid Leave Plan, access to on-site wellness, exceptional
retirement contributions, and much more.
• An annual salary $40,000 for this part-time-position.
• A beautiful, active, and diverse community to work and thrive in.
The SRMC campus is located in the heart of Rio Rancho, New Mexico,
the state’s third largest city and a suburb of Albuquerque, the
state’s largest city. Rio Rancho, also known as the City of Vision,
has been recognized as one of “America’s 50 Best Cities to Live”
citing exceptional public schools and well below national average
crime rates (24/7 Wall Street).
• Diverse cultures, authentic art and dynamic traditions have
helped shape our centuries-old story. No matter your interests,
there are countless opportunities for you to explore. Sample
traditional New Mexican cuisine that takes minutes to make and
hundreds of years to prepare, experience world-class museums,
stroll along the Rio Grande in the Bosque, or soar high above the
city in a hot air balloon — a sight sure to change your
The UNM Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, making
decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status,
disability, or any other protected class. We are committed to
hiring and retaining a diverse workforce and are dedicated to the
goal of building an inclusive and pluralistic staff.