Senior Development Officer
The Senior Development Officer builds deeper relationships with existing donors. Collaborating with the Director of Development and the Vice President for Development, the Senior Development Officer will develop effective cultivation strategies and perform direct solicitation independently or in tandem with volunteers or other gift officers.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Maintains a portfolio of 150 prospects for annual, major, and restricted
- Reviews unmanaged donors at President's Circle giving levels to determine their gift capacity and make recommendations to the Director of Development for possible prospect for
- Serves as the Development Department liaison for the Center for Family Owned
- Serves as the liaison to athletics for project-based initiatives. Works with the Development Communications Coordinator on digital and mass appeals for athletics fundraising
- Serves as the Development Department liaison to the Convocations
- Represents the College at community events.
- Utilizes mobile computing beyond the confines of the office for the purpose of being accessible and resourceful while
- Accessible and reachable by telephone or text message at times other than College business hours for the purpose of staying in touch with the office or donors while
- Other related projects, duties and responsibilities may be assigned as deemed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.MINIMUM
- Bachelor's Degree plus three years'
- Ability to establish priorities, set objectives, and achieve stated
- Experience working with customers or clients with a wide range of differing needs and high expectations who can be demanding of individual
- Must have computer skills that include word processing, spreadsheets, email, and database applications.
Must be available for night and weekend hours as needed. Travel a necessity and is estimated at 40% or greater for this position.
- Fundraising experience through personal gift solicitation or comparable
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills as well as an ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Educational and/or work experience at a selective, private, residential liberal arts
Please send cover letter and resume to: Department of Human Resources Centenary College of Louisiana
2911 Centenary Boulevard
Shreveport, Louisiana 71104
Candidates are invited to visit the College's website at www.centenary.edu/jobs.
Centenary recognizes that diversity is essential to its goal of providing an educational environment where students explore the unfamiliar, invent new approaches to understanding, and connect their work and lives to the world at large. We thus welcome applicants who would add to the College's diversity of ideas, beliefs, experiences, and cultural backgrounds. EOE.
Apply for Senior Development Officer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly