Vice President of Advancement
The Vice President of Advancement develops and leads fundraising strategies to increase equity and student access to PLTW learning experiences. The VP leads strategy and support of organizational goals as related to fundraising and overall support of Impact Team metrics. This role collaborates with the SVP of Advancement and Chief Impact Officer to support organizational fundraising priorities. The VP fosters customer-centric approaches to internal and external work, leads data-driven strategies and tactics, and has a strong focus on aligning team time and resources for achievement of key organizational goals.
This role develops and supports critical relationships to accelerate PLTW’s service to all students including our nation’s highest need students across the U.S. Additionally, the role fosters relationships and drives influence with a range of organizational leaders through timely and compelling stories highlighting PLTW’s impact.
This is a remote, work from home position. Candidates may work anywhere in the U.S. The ability to travel regularly is an essential component of this position.
• Lead a team of individuals responsible for meeting annual targets in securing funding to financially support and advance the mission of PLTW;
• Lead and support the identification and execution of strategic funding partnerships that will strengthen, grow, and diversify the business;
• Oversee process for managing prospect research, account assignment, and metrics measurement for team of fundraisers;
• Pursue and manage PLTW’s relationships with philanthropic supporters, including corporations, foundations, government agencies and other social impact organizations;
• Cultivate diversified business, association, philanthropic, and other partnership opportunities by identifying targeted partners and prospects, proactively engaging in networking events and other opportunities to advance PLTW as a high-impact strategic partner;
• Collaborate with the Senior Vice President of Advancement, Chief Impact Officer, and Impact Team to identify and execute on strategic initiatives that align with PLTW’s organizational strategy;
• Expand PLTW’s reach through impact data and strong partnerships that further a broad range of program growth goals and initiatives, including school systems within urban, rural, public and private settings, to ensure that overall strategies promote increasing access for all students;
• Articulate the vision and mission of PLTW to external partners and potential partners, and to existing partners of PLTW using a combination of impact data, marketing and communications resources;
• Perform other duties incidental to the position of VP of Advancement and as reasonably assigned by the SVP of Advancement in support of PLTW’s mission and strategy.Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in business, education or related field required. Advanced degree preferred.
Skills and Abilities
• Experience fundraising in PreK-12 STEM, education, and/or workforce development space;
• Demonstrated experience fundraising from corporations, foundations, and government agencies;
• Demonstrated experience closing six to seven figure philanthropic gifts;
• Experience leading and managing other fundraisers;
• Proven success in prospect pipeline management;
• Experienced in writing and/or reviewing fundraising proposals;
• Extensive experience utilizing a CRM (Salesforce preferred);
• Demonstrated experience in building external networks to advance objectives and national presence of an organization;
• Strong critical, strategic and analytical skills with strong business acumen;
• Exceptional public speaking, writing, editing and verbal communication skills;
• Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing departmental strategies;
• Strong business acumen and savvy about seeking relationships that are important to the organization;
• Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to "manage by influence" and to coordinate multiple internal and external partners.