Major Gift Officer for rapidly growing adolescent health organization
The Major Gift Officer (MGO) will drive major gifts revenue and growth while contributing to the highly collaborative, positive, and action-oriented culture at GRS. Reporting to the Senior Director of Development, the MGO is responsible for raising and stewarding individual, unrestricted major gifts critical to the mission, growth, and innovative work of GRS. The MGO will develop and execute strategies to manage a portfolio of approximately 150-200 individual major donors and prospects (5-7 figure); support systems, processes, and reporting and analytics for major gifts; and support key events as they relate to major donors. The successful candidate is someone who is learning-agile, relationship-focused, and a self-motivated frontline fundraiser. They have high emotional intelligence and are wired for and comfortable with working with high-net-worth individuals and making the ask.
Grassroot Soccer (GRS) is a rapidly growing adolescent health organization that leverages the power of soccer to educate, inspire, and mobilize at-risk youth in developing countries to overcome their greatest health challenges, live healthier, more productive lives, and be agents for change in their communities. Since 2002, GRS has reached over 13 million young people in 60 countries with life-saving HIV prevention and sexual and reproductive health information and services.
Qualification, Skills, and Knowledge Requirements
- Ideally 3-5 years of major gifts experience in a mission-driven non-profit with a proven track record of portfolio management and raising 5-7 figure gifts from high-net-worth individuals (campaign, annual, multi-year)
- Demonstrated effectiveness in prospect identification, relationship development and cultivation, proposal development, solicitation, and stewardship
- Understanding of best development practices, the donor cycle, and working with a commitment to a donor-centric philosophy
- Demonstrated experience planning and executing fundraising and cultivation events as they relate to major donors and high-net-worth individuals
- Experience working with field teams across multiple time zones and contexts
- Campaign or capital campaign experience
- A passion for sport and youth development is a plus!
Ideal candidate should be exceptional at:
- Relationship management with high emotional intelligence, exceptional judgement, and professionalism
- Working in teams where collaboration, communication (written and verbal), accountability, and low ego is essential
- Not just producing results and executing with excellence, but using team systems and processes to produce those results
- Being proactive, resourceful, and doing what it takes to get the job done
- Managing multiple projects efficiently, hitting deadlines, and maintaining a high level of organization
- Working in a growing organization where ambiguity equals opportunity
Location & Travel
- Approximately 30% domestic travel, 5% international travel
- GRS supports a flexible work schedule and ability to work remotely
- In addition to reporting to the Senior Director of Development and collaborating with the development team, the MGO will work closely with the Founder/CEO, marketing/communications team, and business development team, building strong relationships internally across the organization and proactively ensuring access to the information needed to solicit gifts and build donor relationships effectively
- The MGO will also work closely with staff in the UK and the countries GRS serves to support donor strategy efforts and coordinate cross-country events and activations where major donors are involved
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Portfolio Management (65%)
- Development Strategy & Operations (25%)
- Other (10%)
For Full Job Vacancy go to www.grassrootsoccer.org/careers
To Apply: Please submit a Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com with “MGO” on the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Apply for Major Gift Officer for rapidly growing adolescent health organization
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly