Coordinator, Donor Experience, University Advancement
Job Description Summary
In University Advancement, we believe in equity, not just
equality. We understand that in order to develop a fully engaged
constituency; individuals must receive equitable treatment instead
of equal treatment. Establishing equality means treating everyone
the same. Equity necessitates transforming our community to meet
the needs, interests and cultural norms of our University
The Coordinator, Donor Experience works under limited supervision and provides a variety of administrative, logistical and project support to Donor Experience team related to the development and execution of experiences, sending and tracking constituent communication and maintaining constituent data in DAD.
Job DescriptionThis Job Is For You If You Are Able To….
- Assist with the coordination, organization, and distribution of all briefing materials for UA. Advise on briefing document preparation for senior leadership, ensuring content is complete, accurate and properly formatted.
- Work closely with team to evaluate requests for senior leadership time and secure time for approved engagements on the President and Provost’s calendars.
- Manage communications and logistics related to special accommodations and reserved tickets for Commencement.
- Partner with team to execute periodic bespoke projects as they arise
- Manage guest communication and logistics related to the President’s Athletics Suites, Bowl games and ACC Tournaments; assists in coordination of other events hosted by the President.
- Assist with the execution of donor-related events, including but not limited to logistics, invitation lists, printed and mailed materials, reservations, ticket packets, nametags and seating. (Unrivaled, Lovefeast dinner, Benefactor Brunch, Luminary Project, etc.)
- Oversee and execute process for UA Thanksgiving Card; assist with special occasion correspondence processes as needed (Trustee birthday cards, Presidential holiday cards, etc.)
- Process expenses for Donor Experience team and manages team budget.
- Assist in procurement, tracking and packaging of donor gifts.
- Manage Donor Experience team projects in project management application; ensures projects are on time and prompts colleagues as needed.
- Assist with the execution of Donor related recognition opportunities, including gift/plaque sourcing and delivery, inventory management, and tracking.
- Contribute to a transparent and equitable organizational culture where ethical policies and practices are understood and lived out by all staff.
- Get excited about the prospect of joining a team that is making a difference in people’s lives every day.
- Have a passion for workplace diversity and inclusion.
- Have high standards for your work and are proud to contribute to a mission-driven organization.
- High school diploma with three years related experience in an appropriate discipline.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and Google Applications.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- Ability to handle concurrent assignments and changing priorities as circumstances dictate; ability to be nimble.
- Self-starter; ability to think independently and anticipate next steps.
- Ability to work successfully in teams and under own initiative.
- Ability to engage professionally with individuals at every level of an organization, both internally and externally, as well as high net worth individuals.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written, with a broad range of internal and external constituents.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality pertaining to information contained in donor records and system data.
- Superior judgment, a strong work ethic, and a keen attention to detail.
- Comfortable being part of a team that largely works behind the scenes
- Ability to learn and use Advancement database (Blackbaud) and OnBase document imaging system; develop/refine skills as needed.
- Ability to research and organize information and data with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong service orientation; must delight in providing excellent customer service.
- Able to solve problems and think on your feet.
- Ability to answer moderately complex questions. Proactively seeks additional information to perform assigned duties.
- Commitment to equity, particularly racial equity, with a willingness to learn about it and integrate it into all aspects of the work.
- Respect for the dignity and abilities of all people.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous experience in a non-profit or academic (higher educational fundraising) environment.
- Responsible for own work only.
- Budgetary responsibilities: tracks and monitors budget; maintains confidential budget information.
Additional Job Description*Applications for this position will be accepted through August 15, 2021, 11:59 p.m. EST.
More searches like this
- Fundraising Philanthropic Advisors jobs in Winston Salem
- Alumni Affairs Philanthropic Advisors jobs in Winston Salem
- Annual Fund Philanthropic Advisors jobs in Winston Salem
- Capital Campaigns Philanthropic Advisors jobs in Winston Salem
- Corporate and Foundation Relations Philanthropic Advisors jobs in Winston Salem