The Office of Institutional Advancement (IA) at Eastern
Connecticut State University is currently looking for a Development
Database Administrator (Adm 4) in Institutional
The Development Database Administrator (Adm 4)
will play a critical role in designing, implementing and
maintaining moderately complex databases in a client/server
environment with respect to access methods, access time, validation
checks, and statistical methods. This includes the
maintenance of database dictionaries and the integration of systems
through client/server database design. Flexibility to work an
occasional evening or weekend is required.
Bachelor’s degree in a CS, IS or related field required as well
as four years working with databases in a non-profit setting,
preferably in higher education. Experience with
Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge/Financial Edge is strongly preferred.
Must be innovative, self-motivated, team oriented, and capable of
managing competing priorities.
- Responsible for the production support of various
- Installs, configures, tunes, optimizes, administers, monitors,
troubleshoots and supports transactional Institutional Advancement
- Implements the security scheme for the Institutional
Advancement development system database environment, as well as
participates in a disaster recovery plan.
- Participates in the overall development of the Institutional
Advancement data decision support system, including database
modeling, design, maintenance and automation of loads.
- Trains and facilitates the development of the Institutional
Advancement staff in order to achieve better utilization of the
- Responsible for the day to day management of the database and
support of all Institutional Advancement initiative as well as for
the management and integrity of the data.
- Creates and maintains policy and end user manuals as well as
implements security protocols.
- Oversees gift and pledge processing with direct mail staff
daily. Coordinates all gift processing with the Director of
Development to ensure high quality control and system
- Reconciles gifts and pledges within the Foundation financial
area and participates in financial audits.
- Creates and executes financial and analytical queries and
reports in order to support fundraising efforts.
- Supports application, performance, and security testing.
- Preforms other duties and responsibilities related to those
enumerated above which do not alter the basic level of
responsibility of the position.
To apply: submit a letter of interest, current resume and
contact information of three professional references to:
Beverly Canfield, Office of University Relations, Eastern
Connecticut State University, 83 Windham Street, Willimantic, CT
06226 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Eastern Connecticut State University does not discriminate
on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, gender
identity or expression, national origin, marital status, ancestry,
present or past history of mental disorder, learning disability or
physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic
information or criminal record. The following person has been
designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination
policies: LaMar Coleman, Vice President for Equity and Diversity,