Math Motivators Fundraising Specialist
The Actuarial Foundation’s mission is to enhance math education and financial literacy through the talents and resources of actuaries.
Actuaries have long been recognized for their voluntary service, dedication, willingness to help others, and spirit of professional unity. It is this history of service, coupled with the unique gifts that actuaries offer to society, which form the core of The Actuarial Foundation – the only U.S. philanthropic organization representing the actuarial profession.
One of the Foundation’s signature programs, the Math Motivators Tutoring Program, aims to close the opportunity gap and, in turn, the achievement gap, by pairing high school students from underserved communities across the United States with actuaries and college students majoring in actuarial science, mathematics or math education.
Math Motivators continues to expand to reach more underserved and/or low-income students across the country. Over the next three years, the program will increase engagement of schools and centers from 60 to 90 and will double the number of students served from 1000 to 2000.
The Actuarial Foundation seeks an innovative, entrepreneurial, and strategic Development professional to join the team. The successful candidate will possess a minimum of three years of successful fundraising experience and a passion for providing educational opportunities for students who may want to enter a profession for which they need extra academic support. The successful candidate will be an energetic institutional and individual giving experience.
The exceptional candidate will possess a strong ability to build relationships with donors and be able to speak persuasively to the transformative power of math education.
Preference is given to those who have fundraised in an association foundation or education setting.
Specific Requirements Include:
- A demonstrated passion for supporting educational opportunity; math-specific preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive development experience with a demonstrated focus on institutional (corporate/foundation) giving, preferably within an association foundation or an educationally focused mission.
- Proven track record of fundraising success, particularly by securing 5-figure gifts, successfully managing a portfolio of donors and prospects, and engaging a community of motivated supporters. Proven ability to build solid, trusting relationships with donors at all levels, especially in the individual, corporate and foundation spheres.
- Demonstrated capacity in developing strong external relationships with a variety of volunteers, public leadership, partner organizations, and other stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of best development practices, trends in association fundraising, fundraising tools and technology, including donor research and email and online campaigns.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience is required.
This position offers a competitive salary with strong benefits. The Actuarial Foundation will provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of actual or perceived race, color, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, disability (mental or physical), genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, order of protection status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other category protected by applicable law.