Major Gifts Assistant
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team.
The Major Gifts Assistant is responsible for building and fostering communication and relationships with HRC’s most crucial financial base. The position is responsible for contributing to and maintaining the Federal Club Council Program. The position reports directly to the Associate Director of Major Gifts & Leadership Giving and works closely with the Major Gifts team.
- Serves as the primary person for all financial matters related to the Federal Club Council program:
- Ensure accurate booking of pledge revenue.
- Track gifts raised toward budgeted monthly goals through the maintenance of a daily income log.
- Track processing and receipt of matching gifts.
- Facilitate paperwork for all major donor pledges, reallocations, income transfers and credit card credits.
- Manage production and mailing of itemized tax letters.
- Provide regular updates to the major gifts team regarding pending and overdue pledges; delinquent pledge payments; etc.
- Serve as the point person for donor database matters:
- Accurately enters pledges and payments into the database.
- Assist and advise with regular list pulls.
- Format monthly activity reports.
- Assist senior staff with development and accuracy of reporting around budget progress.
- Provide support for the Federal Club Council program:
- Manage regular teleconferencing for major donor committee calls and other special teleconferences.
- Maintain a roster of major donor committees and act as an information resource for the committee, providing meeting minutes and other information as needed.
- Maintain vendor contacts for donor stewardship and team support for travel, event invitations, and other details for major donor events across the country.
- Provide customer service for donors as a primary point of contact.
- Oversee Federal Club Council acknowledgment process and donor recognition program.
- Provide administrative support to senior staff, including scheduling meetings and travel and submitting requests for reimbursements.
- Recruit, train and manage the Major Gifts interns.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) with one to two years’ relevant administrative work experience in a professional environment preferred.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Proven computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Google systems, and other database experience
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and manage work under tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communications skills are necessary.
- Flexibility with work schedule; this position may have some evening and weekend work
- Strong interest in the rapidly changing LGBTQ equality movement and a working knowledge of LGBTQ issues.
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
No phone calls or emails, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.