Communications and Community Engagement Manager
If you want to work for a values-driven organization who believes that a great member experience starts with a great employee experience, you’ll love working at Advantis.
Our vision - to be the best financial institution our members can choose and the best place our employees have ever worked. That means you get a different kind of career experience. The Advantis experience includes opportunities for personal growth, meaningful work, and proud recognition of accomplishments.
We invest in your potential - With a generous tuition assistance program, individual career development plans, and an internal professional development program, we'll partner with you to help you achieve your full potential. Advantis employment can open a door to future opportunities.
With Us You Can is more than our tagline - it's our commitment to be passionate advocates for our members and our employees. We work with passion and purpose, and empower our employees to do the right thing.We have an excellent opportunity for a Communications and Community Engagement Manager. The individual in this position develops and implements communications and public relations plans and tactics that support business goals and objectives for Advantis while maintaining relationships with the media. This position serves as a proactive advocate for the Advantis brand, drives community relations and public relations opportunities and directs special events and initiatives that align with credit union goals. The Communications & Community Engagement Manager also leads Advantis’ community relations and giving strategy, managing Advantis’ employee volunteerism programs, directing Advantis’ charitable donations, and coordinating credit union philanthropy and community outreach events.
Responsibilities Include:Public and Media Relations
- Manages all public and media relations for the credit union.
- Serves as Advantis Credit Union’s primary media contact and spokesperson representing the credit union on a range of issues.
- Prepares key messages and releases to be distributed through the press, blogs, and other media.
- Collaborates with the manager and Advantis’ crisis response team to prepare and maintain crisis communications plans.
- Manages public relations agency relationship and the agency budget.
- Regularly interacts with senior leadership to gather and share information in relation to announcements and messaging.
Community Relations, Corporate Giving & Philanthropy
- Manages Advantis’ community relations and corporate giving strategy in alignment with the credit union’s business plan and objectives.
- Manages significant giving and volunteerism programs that build relationships with and support local non-profits.
- Represents the credit union at community meetings, and committees. Develops and maintains relationships with key external contacts and the community at large.
- Manages charitable donations, sponsorships, and in-kind contributions within budget and established guidelines. Maintains the donation request records and contact database.
- Manages the development, execution, and maintenance of all internal communications programs and channels for the credit union, supporting a well-informed and dynamic internal culture.
- Provides counsel on the use of internal communications: supervises communication requests from internal departments, and aligns requests and ideas with internal standards, goals, and strategy.
- Oversees and approves content and manages vendor relationship with Advantis’ intranet and internet platforms.
- Supervises work of Corporate Communications Program Manager.
- Manages all Advantis events including staffing, budgeting, planning and hosting. Events may include community outreach through neighborhood events (such as street fairs, etc), sales events, sponsorship events, and others.
- Acts as an event management resource for new branch opening events with the branch opening HPT.
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or public relations.
- Five years’ experience in a professional public relations, corporate communications, or marketing environment.
- Prior experience managing community relations campaigns and charitable giving.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to communicate ideas effectively at all organizational levels within the credit union, business partner organizations, and community and business associations.
- Understanding of and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Proficient in use of personal computer, strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and internet navigation.
- Flexibility to deal with unexpected events, and ability to attend meetings and events that may occur outside of regularly scheduled work hours.
A Great Place to Work!
At Advantis, we help our members succeed financially. We serve our members with a purpose and a passion, and our talented team delivers uncommon value with every interaction.
We inspire fresh ideas, bold creativity, and outside-the-box ingenuity by asking, “How can we do banking differently?” We celebrate individual achievement and excellence with proud recognition and upward opportunity. We work together in a spirit of “together we can” teamwork, mutual respect, and a unified effort to reach common goals. We work hard but we get to do it in an atmosphere that’s upbeat and fun. We live our passionate community commitment to strengthen, educate, and elevate the prosperity of the communities we’re proud to call home.
If you like to work with passion and purpose, collaborate, elevate, and celebrate, Advantis Credit Union is the place for you. Advantis is one of Oregon’s largest member-owned financial cooperatives, serving the Portland areas for over 90 years.
Advantis Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.