Executive Director, Mental Health Industry
Sky’s the Limit Fund (STLF) is passionate about helping youth in-crisis achieve their full potential as healthy and valued members of society. We are seeking an Executive Director to help us fulfill this important undertaking. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for the successful operation, performance and growth of the STLF’s fundraising, programs and staff, as well as advocating for and advancing the organization’s mission. The Executive Director serves as an inspiring and engaging face of the organization and is responsible for monitoring and operating a budget of approximately $1.5M.
Organization & Mission:
Founded in 2010, Sky’s the Limit Fund is a Milpitas-based nonprofit organization whose mission is supporting youth in-crisis and their families in need through wilderness therapy programs and family coaching, as well as increasing awareness through community outreach. Our vision is for youth to achieve their full potential as healthy and valued members of society. Today's youth and young adults are faced with an epidemic that does not discriminate based on ethnicity, religion or socioeconomics. Wilderness therapy treatment programs provide effective and personalized therapeutic care, achieving high-impact and long-lasting improvement for these youth. STLF helps by offering financial assistance and other support to families in need. www.skysthelimitfund.org
Leadership & Management
- Provide overall leadership of the organization, ensuring successful execution of the mission and thoughtful stewardship of financial and human capital.
- Oversee day-to-day operations, including innovative program design and delivery, fundraising and development, community relations and advocacy, financial management, staffing and general administration.
- Ensure staffing is appropriate to meet the organization’s goals; set, measure and monitor performance goals that further the organization’s mission, impact and results; attract, hire and engage qualified, competent and mission-aligned staff; provide coaching and guidance for continuing staff growth and development.
- Ensure programs and policies continue to support the organization’s mission, and that they are fiscally sound and sustainable; oversee systems in place to track and evaluate programs success. Communicate programs’ progress to the board, funders, and other constituents.
- Manage budget of $1.5M; actively monitor accounting and financial records; ensure proper preparation of annual financial statements and tax returns.
Fundraising & Community Engagement
- Lead and oversee the organization’s fundraising; design, develop and implement fundraising and donor relations plans, including processes that will ensure replicability and sustainability.
- Establish, build and maintain relationships with foundations, corporations, individuals and other funding sources and partner programs.
- Serve as the public face and champion of the organization to the community and the media; maintain, promote and provide visibility for STLF.
- Develop and implement marketing and communication strategies that build visibility in the community.
Board Governance & Development
- Develop, maintain, and support the Board of Directors.
- In collaboration with the Board, help to identify, nominate, and recruit new Board members.
- Regularly brief the Board on the status of the organization’s performance toward the Board’s vision.
- Serve as ex-officio of each committee, seek and build board involvement with strategic direction and operational excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred
- Seven to ten or more years of progressive responsibility in non-profit management and/or fundraising; five or more of which have been in people management
- Proven experience developing and implementing effective fundraising plans
- Ability to identify, develop and maintain strategic relationships with key stakeholders
- Polished and persuasive written and verbal communication skills, including excellent listening skills
- Experience developing and managing budgets
- Knowledge and understanding of outdoor behavioral healthcare helpful but not required
Work Environment and Location:
STLF office space is located within the Sobrato Center for Nonprofits in Milpitas, California. The Executive Director is expected to maintain a regular presence in the office with staff; as well as off-site with partner programs, donors and the board. Evenings, weekends and travel are required.
Compensation & Benefits:
$110,000 - $140,000, DOE
Kaiser HMO, 100% of employee expense covered
Two weeks of PTO annually
How to Apply:
Submit resume and cover letter to: HR@stlfgives.org.
Sky’s the Limit Fund is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Apply for Executive Director, Mental Health Industry
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly