Director of Development, College of Medicine
Director of Development
College of Medicine
Be a trusted, strategic, fundraising partner to enable the University of Nebraska to change lives and save lives.
- Do you have the vision and executive presence to tap into an existing culture of philanthropy to create global impact and reach by becoming a trusted partner?
- Do you have a curiosity and passion for the practice of medicine and a strong desire to support the next generation of medical heroes at a high-visibility, innovative, and growing academic medical center?
- Do you have outstanding relational and listening skills that allow you to uncover the visions and dreams of donors?
- Do you possess the emotional intelligence and authenticity that it takes to meaningfully connect with people and build long-term relationships on behalf of the University?
If so, we invite you to apply for this exciting and meaningful opportunity!
Nebraska Medicine and their research and education partner, the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC), share the same mission: to lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research, and extraordinary patient care. People from around the country and the world come for the unique medical expertise available from UNMC. As a Director of Development, College of Medicine, you will have the opportunity to raise funds to support the College of Medicine, and the pride of knowing you are supporting the largest college within UNMC, which is established with a rich tradition and history. The ideal candidate for this position enjoys traveling and understands higher education and/or academic health sciences philanthropy.
At the University of Nebraska Foundation, we grow relationships and resources that enable the University of Nebraska to change lives and save lives. As a Director of Development, you can expect to directly communicate with campus administrators and faculty, including evaluating priorities to establish fundraising priorities and opportunities. You will be responsible for coordinating with centralized Foundation staff in activities that benefit the College of Medicine and are responsible for preparing proposals, solicitation letters, and other cultivation and stewardship materials for prospects and donors.
Who we want:
- Relationally talented individual to make authentic connections, facilitate meaningful conversations, and provide individual solutions to help generous donors fulfill their philanthropic goals.
- Collaborative professional who can function independently, as well as part of a team.
- Committed individual who has the innate ability to connect with diverse constituents and has a healthy appreciation for the role and value physicians have in our world.
- Learner who is humble and inquisitive.
- Communicator who is driven by the opportunity to connect with people and understands what motivates donors to invest in the University.
- Dependable individual who is inspired by what they can achieve and understands that ultimately their impact is bigger than themselves.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in development, 5 years of experience preferred.
- Discretion in handling confidential matters.
- Organization skills, accuracy, attention to detail.
- Candidates will also be evaluated on our core values of passion for mission, integrity, and teamwork.
What we offer:
- Mission-driven work that changes lives and saves lives of people around through education.
- Recognized by the Chronicle of Philanthropy as one of America’s favorite charities in 2018 (No. 96) and 2019 (No. 87).
- Excellent benefits and an award-winning wellness program.
- University of Nebraska tuition reimbursement.
- A strengths-based, engagement-focused, and performance-oriented culture.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities.
- Flexible work environment.
- Highly engaged organization.
The University of Nebraska Foundation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that celebrates, supports, and promotes diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.