Associate Director Of Alumni Engagement
Lasell University’s Division of University Advancement seeks a talented Associate Director of Alumni Engagement to join its Alumni Relations team. The Associate Director of Alumni Engagement will help manage a comprehensive program for advancing Lasell's engagement of its 18,000+ alumni and friends, with a particular focus on increasing engagement with our constituents from minoritized communities. Reporting to the Director of Alumni Relations and Annual Fund, the Associate Director will be a key member of the team responsible for developing strategies and opportunities to identify and engage alumni and friends that enhance the student experience, increase pride and awareness of Lasell University, and grow support for The Lasell Fund and other fundraising priorities.
Lasell University and University Advancement are committed to creating a campus and alumni community that recognizes diversity and intercultural competence as integral components of excellence. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area. Employees who represent diverse backgrounds and perspectives help our community thrive, learn, and grow and they are key contributors to our strategic vision. Lasell practices a flexible work model and this position may be eligible to work partially remotely. The Associate Director will be required to be on campus several times per week on average for events, programs, and other priority projects.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The statements below are intended to describe the principal duties of the person or persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties and responsibilities. Lasell University has the right to add or change the job responsibilities, and eligibility for remote work, at any time.
The ideal candidate will be an alumni relations professional who enjoys working in a fast paced, team environment and has experience working with underserved communities. Being a well-organized, personable professional with strong initiative and great communication skills are also necessary for success. We believe in Lasell University and we're looking for a collaborative team member who shares our desire to work hard, have fun, and create new opportunities to engage the Lasell community.
Alumni Engagement and Events (30%)
- Contribute to a department-wide effort of engaging alumni, donors, and friends; developing programming and increasing volunteer involvement and financial support of Lasell University.
- Assist with the planning, coordination, and execution of all alumni/donor engagement events, including: Reunion; Friends, Family, and Alumni Weekend; Presidential Speaker Series; and other regional, shared interest, and campus alumni programs and activities.
- Oversee planning, coordination, and execution of other advancement events, including: on and off campus campaign events, stewardship events, and donor visits being sure to adhere to budgetary, time, and other constraints. Responsibilities include securing venue and speakers, coordinating guest lists and RSVPS, working with Facilities, Catering and other vendors, and other event coordination as needed.
DEI Alumni Program (30%)
- Responsible for expanding the depth and scope of DEI programming, events and engagement opportunities for our diverse alumni community.
- In coordination with campus partners, including the Donohue Institute for Equity and Social Justice, develop meaningful volunteer opportunities, programming and initiatives that connect students and alumni around issues of DEI.
- Work with Advancement team members to develop philanthropic opportunities and programs focusing on DEI initiatives and alumni engagement.
- Partner with Advancement Communications to create constituent and alumni materials that raise the visibility of DEI programs, resources, and giving opportunities.
Annual Fund (20%)
- Work with annual fund strategy team to develop and create fundraising appeals. Develop and maintain alumni relations and annual fund calendar.
- Work with AR/AF team and campus partners to develop crowdfunding initiatives using fundraising platforms (including Mobile Cause, iModules) to create campaigns to increase student, employee and alumni participation; Develop text communications for event reminders and appeals.
Volunteer Engagement and General (20%)
- Work with members of the Lasell University Alumni Association (LUAA) to increase their participation and awareness of and in Advancement programs and activities. Partner with LUAA leadership in developing programs and initiatives to engage alumni that further strengthen the University.
- Assist with engagement of Board of Overseers and other volunteer leaders, including developing materials for meetings and monthly newsletters and updates.
- Other duties as assigned
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred. Candidates without a bachelor’s degree are required to have a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience.
Other Requirements of the Job:
- Minimum of 1-3 years of related experience in alumni relations, fundraising, event management or similar field, preferably in higher education.
- Must have a working knowledge of diversity, equity and inclusion concepts and issues. Strong support for the sense of belonging and success of those from traditionally underserved populations.
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills, as well as the ability to multi-task and function with accuracy and adherence to deadlines.
- Sensitive to issues of confidentiality and customer service orientation.
- Flexibility and willingness to jump in where needed to support team goals.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Will require some evening and weekend work.
Interested candidates should upload a letter of interest, resume and the information of three (3) references using the forms below. Review of resumes will begin immediately, and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Lasell University is committed to equal opportunity in every aspect of hiring and employment. Lasell proactively reviews its policies and practices to assure that decisions with respect to every dimension of employment are made without regard to age, color of skin, disability, gender expression and identity, genetic predisposition, marital status, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, status as a victim of domestic violence, and all other protected groups and classes under Federal and State Laws and executive orders.