Advancement Service Manager
Lasell University seeks an experienced and collaborative Advancement Service Manager to join the University Advancement team at an exciting time for the institution. Lasell University is in the building stages of a campaign to grow the institution’s endowment. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of University Advancement, the Advancement Services Manager guides the University’s understanding of its constituent data and fosters the growth of best practices in areas of gift processing and data management.
Lasell University and University Advancement are committed to creating a campus and alumni community that recognizes diversity and intercultural competence as integral components of excellence. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area. Employees who represent diverse backgrounds and perspectives help our community thrive, learn, and grow and they are key contributors to our strategic vision. Lasell practices a flexible work model and this position may be eligible to work partially or fully remotely.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The statements below are intended to describe the principal duties of the person or persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties and responsibilities. Lasell University has the right to add or change the job responsibilities, and eligibility for remote work, at any time.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned advancement services professional who has experience overseeing a constituent relationship management (CRM) database and extensive knowledge of gift processing and records management standards. Being a data-driven, organized professional with strong analytical skills and initiative are also necessary for success. We believe in Lasell University and we're looking for a collaborative team member who shares our desire to work hard, have fun, and understand our constituents.
- Serves as team leader ensuring that Lasell understands its constituent data by guiding analysis, reporting and segmentation efforts. Develops all constituent and gift reports, benchmarks and strategies to support the work of University Advancement and the institution as a whole.
- Manages the CRM donor database, including overseeing the transition to a new CRM, setting database standards, maintaining operational procedures manual, and providing training for staff.
- Fosters the growth of best practices by ensuring that gifts are processed and appropriate receipts are distributed to donors for tax-deductible contributions in an accurate and timely manner.
- Tracks all gift agreements, scholarship accounts, and endowed and current use funds to ensure donor intent is fulfilled and are in compliance with applicable laws.
- Maintains ongoing expertise in Advancement Services, ensuring adherence to all CASE standards related to gift processing, acknowledgments, and CRM data integrity.
- Coordinates with the business office to ensure Advancement and Finance Office systems are in alignment and all endowed and current use funds are utilized as intended.
- Coordinates with Financial Aid office on available scholarship awards and to ensure awards comply with donor agreements.
- Oversees state fundraising registration requirements and reporting.
- Leads all cleanup and integrity of existing and new constituent data to ensure data is current, accurate, and as accessible as possible.
- Manages vendor relationships with CRM database and other systems vendors to evaluate new software, upgrades and modules, and resolves system support.
- Works with University Advancement staff to coordinate operational aspects of online giving.
- Serves as primary backup for gift processing and acknowledgements; also serves as primary backup to the Assistant Director of Prospect Research and Management.
- Supervises student workers to conduct address updates and other database support tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibility: Student workers.
- Applicants with a bachelor's degree also need a minimum of three years of advancement services experience. Applicants who do not have a bachelor's degree who have at least ten year of advancement services experience, preferably in higher education, may still apply.
Other Requirements of the Job:
- Experience with constituent management software and databases is required. Experience with CRM selection and new system implementation preferred.
- Competency in financial record keeping and reporting is preferred.
- Knowledge of CASE standards as well as applicable Federal, State and local laws, codes, regulations and policies related to Advancement is required.
- Must be able to understand development and alumni officers’ needs so as to accurately translate their requests into effective queries and reports.
- Skill in making presentations and training individuals in software applications is desirable.
- Ability to oversee a broad spectrum of activities concurrently; a proven track record in setting and achieving ambitious goals; and the ability to manage a multitude of tasks and meet required deadlines.
- Must work autonomously as well as interact effectively as a team member on myriad tasks and special events/projects.
- Ability to adapt one's communication styles, approaches, and skills in a manner that reflects an appreciation for, and commitment to, our increasingly diverse workplace and alumni community. Strong support for the sense of belonging and success of those from traditionally underserved populations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, proficiency with email, internet, and fundraising databases/CRM systems.
- Must maintain the highest ethical standards for confidentiality and data integrity.
- Will require some evening and weekend work.
Interested candidates should upload a letter of interest, resume and the information of three (3) references using the forms below. Review of resumes will begin immediately, and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Lasell University is committed to equal opportunity in every aspect of hiring and employment. Lasell proactively reviews its policies and practices to assure that decisions with respect to every dimension of employment are made without regard to age, color of skin, disability, gender expression and identity, genetic predisposition, marital status, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, status as a victim of domestic violence, and all other protected groups and classes under Federal and State Laws and executive orders.