Lasell University seeks an experienced and collaborative
Advancement Service Manager to join the University Advancement team
at an exciting time for the institution. Lasell University is in
the building stages of a campaign to grow the institution’s
endowment. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of University
Advancement, the Advancement Services Manager guides the
University’s understanding of its constituent data and fosters the
growth of best practices in areas of gift processing and data
Lasell University and University Advancement are committed to
creating a campus and alumni community that recognizes diversity
and intercultural competence as integral components of excellence.
Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply
and to identify their strengths in this area. Employees who
represent diverse backgrounds and perspectives help our community
thrive, learn, and grow and they are key contributors to our
strategic vision. Lasell practices a flexible work model and this
position may be eligible to work partially or fully remotely.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND
The statements below are intended to describe the principal
duties of the person or persons assigned to this job. They
are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties and
responsibilities. Lasell University has the right to add or change
the job responsibilities, and eligibility for remote work, at any
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned advancement services
professional who has experience overseeing a constituent
relationship management (CRM) database and extensive knowledge of
gift processing and records management standards. Being a
data-driven, organized professional with strong analytical skills
and initiative are also necessary for success. We believe in Lasell
University and we're looking for a collaborative team member who
shares our desire to work hard, have fun, and understand our
- Serves as team leader ensuring that Lasell understands its
constituent data by guiding analysis, reporting and segmentation
efforts. Develops all constituent and gift reports, benchmarks and
strategies to support the work of University Advancement and the
institution as a whole.
- Manages the CRM donor database, including overseeing the
transition to a new CRM, setting database standards, maintaining
operational procedures manual, and providing training for
- Fosters the growth of best practices by ensuring that gifts are
processed and appropriate receipts are distributed to donors for
tax-deductible contributions in an accurate and timely manner.
- Tracks all gift agreements, scholarship accounts, and endowed
and current use funds to ensure donor intent is fulfilled and are
in compliance with applicable laws.
- Maintains ongoing expertise in Advancement Services, ensuring
adherence to all CASE standards related to gift processing,
acknowledgments, and CRM data integrity.
- Coordinates with the business office to ensure Advancement and
Finance Office systems are in alignment and all endowed and current
use funds are utilized as intended.
- Coordinates with Financial Aid office on available scholarship
awards and to ensure awards comply with donor agreements.
- Oversees state fundraising registration requirements and
- Leads all cleanup and integrity of existing and new constituent
data to ensure data is current, accurate, and as accessible as
- Manages vendor relationships with CRM database and other
systems vendors to evaluate new software, upgrades and modules, and
resolves system support.
- Works with University Advancement staff to coordinate
operational aspects of online giving.
- Serves as primary backup for gift processing and
acknowledgements; also serves as primary backup to the Assistant
Director of Prospect Research and Management.
- Supervises student workers to conduct address updates and other
database support tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibility: Student workers.
- Applicants with a bachelor's degree also need a minimum of
three years of advancement services experience. Applicants who do
not have a bachelor's degree who have at least ten year of
advancement services experience, preferably in higher education,
may still apply.
Other Requirements of the Job:
- Experience with constituent management software and databases
is required. Experience with CRM selection and new system
- Competency in financial record keeping and reporting is
- Knowledge of CASE standards as well as applicable Federal,
State and local laws, codes, regulations and policies related to
Advancement is required.
- Must be able to understand development and alumni officers’
needs so as to accurately translate their requests into effective
queries and reports.
- Skill in making presentations and training individuals in
software applications is desirable.
- Ability to oversee a broad spectrum of activities concurrently;
a proven track record in setting and achieving ambitious goals; and
the ability to manage a multitude of tasks and meet required
- Must work autonomously as well as interact effectively as a
team member on myriad tasks and special events/projects.
- Ability to adapt one's communication styles, approaches, and
skills in a manner that reflects an appreciation for, and
commitment to, our increasingly diverse workplace and alumni
community. Strong support for the sense of belonging and success of
those from traditionally underserved populations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, proficiency with email,
internet, and fundraising databases/CRM systems.
- Must maintain the highest ethical standards for confidentiality
and data integrity.
- Will require some evening and weekend work.
Interested candidates should upload a letter of interest, resume
and the information of three (3) references using the forms below.
Review of resumes will begin immediately, and applications will be
accepted until the position is filled.
Lasell University is committed to equal opportunity in every
aspect of hiring and employment. Lasell proactively reviews its
policies and practices to assure that decisions with respect to
every dimension of employment are made without regard to age, color
of skin, disability, gender expression and identity, genetic
predisposition, marital status, national origin, race, ethnicity,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, status as a
victim of domestic violence, and all other protected groups and
classes under Federal and State Laws and executive orders.