Director of Alumni Engagement (M190)
Position Summary & Description
This is a non-represented management
Position will be posted until filled.
First Round of Candidates will be reviewed on August 10, 2021.
The Director of Alumni Engagement leads the development and execution of engagement strategies that foster alumni commitment to the University.
The Director takes a lead role in establishing and coordinating events and programs for alumni in target regions, reunions, recognition awards, homecoming, and athletic events. Regional outreach efforts include social networking, electronic networking, admissions recruitment, athletic support, career networking, and career mentoring as well as volunteer leadership development. The Director investigates new initiatives and reviews best practices to enhance program offerings for various constituencies including underrepresented alumni, crimson couples, legacy alumni, retirees, regional ambassador volunteers, and beyond. This individual will work to promote and advance alumni and donor communications via the alumni website, social media accounts, e-newsletter programs, and all forms of electronic communication including touchpoint messaging.
5 years of Alumni Engagement and or related Higher Education experience
Master’s degree in Student Affairs or related field
Candidates must have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of students, colleagues, and community members.
Candidates must communicate effectively and perform well in the interview(s).
The work of this position occurs in a typical office environment. Although infrequent, periods of heavy exertion may occur. Incumbent must have the following abilities:
- Ability to travel to field locations and meeting/training sites by motor vehicle when required.
- Communicate both orally and in writing to issue, receive and carry out instructions and orders effectively and to convey information to a variety of co-workers and the general public
- Use a variety of common office machines such as telephones, calculators, copiers, computer terminals, keyboards, video display terminals, auxiliary printers and similar equipment.
- Perform manual duties such as lifting and carrying various weight limits.
- Operate office equipment which may require stooping, kneeling, bending, stretching and prolonged standing.
- Provide assistance and guidance to internal and external customers.
- Follow oral and written instructions
Special Instructions to Applicants
A complete application will consist of a cover letter, resume, names and email addresses of three references submitted in this online application system at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/iupedu.