Manager, Annual Giving
EngenderHealth envisions a gender-equal world where all people achieve their sexual and reproductive health and rights. We believe this is essential for ensuring all people can achieve their full potentials. To achieve this vision, we implement high-quality, gender-equitable programs that advance sexual and reproductive health and rights.
EngenderHealth’s Philanthropy Team is a small but accomplished group of individuals tasked with growing unrestricted revenue from individuals and family foundations.
Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy and working in tandem with our direct response consultants, the Manager will strategize and execute EngenderHealth’s in-house and external fundraising mail / digital response programs and steward new and existing donors. The Manager will contribute to the growth and achievement of fundraising targets for individual donors; create and implement event strategies where feasible; and help attract new donors to the organization. The Manager supervises the Database / Development Coordinator, ensuring database administration and gift processing best practices are consistently implemented, and is the primary relationship manager for direct response consultants and database software vendors.
The ideal candidate for this dynamic position is a highly motivated, resourceful, independent thinker with initiative who uses data to guide decision-making; employs outside-the-box thinking to reach new audiences and increase giving from existing audiences; and has a strong track record with traditional direct response and digital fundraising in small organizations with large footprints.
Education, Experience & Certifications
- Proven success managing annual giving, direct response programs, database management, and gifts processing.
- Proven success in creating and implementing strategic stewardship programs.
- Experience working with frontline fundraisers to generate major and planned giving prospect leads.
- A Bachelor’s degree, with 4+ years of senior professional fundraising experience at a leadership level.
- Experience with strategic use of fundraising database software, preferably Raiser’s Edge and RE NXT.
- Experience in an international NGO preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- A passion for the mission of EngenderHealth.
- Demonstrated success in donor and prospective donor relationship building, cultivation, and solicitation, resulting in gifts of five figures and above.
- Capacity to inspire new and existing donors to give, and to steward relationships via senior leadership.
- Detail oriented, creative, responsible, and responsive strategist.
- Excellent communications skills, including oral, written, editing, and presentation skills.
- Self-starter with ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Willingness and ability to travel, as needed, domestically and internationally.
- Must be comfortable with, and respectful of, EngenderHealth’s programming promoting women’s rights and gender equality.
- Commitment to EngenderHealth's core values of inclusion, respect, integrity, reflection, and transformation.
Salary And Benefits
$85,000 to $95,000 annually, commensurate with experience. EngenderHealth offers competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary. We also offer excellent benefits for US-based employees, including:
- 20 days of paid vacation
- 10 days of paid sick leave
- 6 personal days
- 12 holidays
- 8 weeks of paid parental leave
- Generous employer contribution to 401K plan after 6 months of employment
- Pre-tax flexible health and dependent care spending account
- Generous health, dental, and vison plan benefits for employee, spouse/partner, and/or dependent children
- Company-paid premiums for life and disability insurance.
- Voluntary life, critical illness, accident, and AD&D insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Pre-tax commuter benefits