EngenderHealth envisions a gender-equal world where all people
achieve their sexual and reproductive health and rights. We believe
this is essential for ensuring all people can achieve their full
potentials. To achieve this vision, we implement high-quality,
gender-equitable programs that advance sexual and reproductive
health and rights.
EngenderHealth’s Philanthropy Team is a small but accomplished
group of individuals tasked with growing unrestricted revenue from
individuals and family foundations.
Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy and working in tandem
with our direct response consultants, the Manager will strategize
and execute EngenderHealth’s in-house and external fundraising mail
/ digital response programs and steward new and existing donors.
The Manager will contribute to the growth and achievement of
fundraising targets for individual donors; create and implement
event strategies where feasible; and help attract new donors to the
organization. The Manager supervises the Database / Development
Coordinator, ensuring database administration and gift processing
best practices are consistently implemented, and is the primary
relationship manager for direct response consultants and database
The ideal candidate for this dynamic position is a highly
motivated, resourceful, independent thinker with initiative who
uses data to guide decision-making; employs outside-the-box
thinking to reach new audiences and increase giving from existing
audiences; and has a strong track record with traditional direct
response and digital fundraising in small organizations with large
Education, Experience &
- Proven success managing annual giving, direct response
programs, database management, and gifts processing.
- Proven success in creating and implementing strategic
- Experience working with frontline fundraisers to generate major
and planned giving prospect leads.
- A Bachelor’s degree, with 4+ years of senior professional
fundraising experience at a leadership level.
- Experience with strategic use of fundraising database software,
preferably Raiser’s Edge and RE NXT.
- Experience in an international NGO preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- A passion for the mission of EngenderHealth.
- Demonstrated success in donor and prospective donor
relationship building, cultivation, and solicitation, resulting in
gifts of five figures and above.
- Capacity to inspire new and existing donors to give, and to
steward relationships via senior leadership.
- Detail oriented, creative, responsible, and responsive
- Excellent communications skills, including oral, written,
editing, and presentation skills.
- Self-starter with ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic
- Willingness and ability to travel, as needed, domestically and
- Must be comfortable with, and respectful of, EngenderHealth’s
programming promoting women’s rights and gender equality.
- Commitment to EngenderHealth's core values of inclusion,
respect, integrity, reflection, and transformation.
Salary And Benefits
$85,000 to $95,000 annually, commensurate with experience.
EngenderHealth offers competitive pay based on the work you do here
and not your previous salary. We also offer excellent benefits for
US-based employees, including:
- 20 days of paid vacation
- 10 days of paid sick leave
- 6 personal days
- 12 holidays
- 8 weeks of paid parental leave
- Generous employer contribution to 401K plan after 6 months of
- Pre-tax flexible health and dependent care spending
- Generous health, dental, and vison plan benefits for employee,
spouse/partner, and/or dependent children
- Company-paid premiums for life and disability insurance.
- Voluntary life, critical illness, accident, and AD&D
- Employee assistance program
- Pre-tax commuter benefits