Donor Engagement Officer
Manhattanville College is an independent, coeducational, liberal arts college with a diverse student body of approximately 1,500 undergraduates and 900 graduate students, located 28 miles north of New York City in Purchase, New York. Building on its heritage of social justice and activism, Manhattanville prepares students through rigorous academic and co-curricular programs, for ethical and socially-responsible leadership in a global community.
Manhattanville College seeks a Donor Engagement Officer to lead efforts to attract support from individuals and institutional donors for the College’s important work. Reporting to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement, and partnering with campus colleagues, alumni and other key stakeholders, the Donor Engagement Officer will create and execute strategies to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of 100-125 individual and institutional donors, with the goal of nurturing meaningful and consistent financial support for Manhattanville College.
- Develop a comprehensive major gifts plan, with strategies to move a portfolio of individuals and institutional prospects forward in the donor engagement process.
- Create a robust schedule of direct donor engagement, including face to face outreach and solicitation, and support the involvement of senior staff, faculty and volunteers in this engagement process.
- Conduct research to deepen relationships with existing donors and identify, cultivate and solicit new individual and institutional prospects.
- Write briefing notes, solicitation plans and call reports to track donor interaction.
- Partner with the Vice President of Institutional Advancement to manage and grow the Mother O’Byrne Legacy Society, Manhattanville’s planned giving program.
- Develop compelling, donor-centered communications, including letters, comprehensive proposals, and other solicitation materials that make a strong case for the support of Manhattanville College.
- In partnership with alumni relations staff and other members of the campus community, plan and host events that support meaningful donor engagement.
- Ensure that donor contact is consistently recorded in Raisers Edge and that gift processing, acknowledgement and reporting is timely and accurate.
- Bachelor’s degree, plus a minimum of 5-7 years of experience with both individual and institutional fundraising.
- Track record of using moves management to build relationships that increase revenue and retain donors.
- Experience supporting the engagement of trustees and volunteers, and managing committees and taskforces.
- Ability to develop and sustain donor-centered relationships that are ethical and professional.
- Highly organized and self-motivated, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Outstanding communication and writing skills, with the ability to persuasively convey the mission, values and funding priorities of Manhattanville College.
- Strong knowledge of Raisers Edge, with ability to create reports, run queries and use Target Analytics.
- Willingness to travel when it is safe to do so and to work nights and weekends as needed.
The College is committed to hiring qualified and diverse candidates and creating a community that is welcoming to all people. For consideration, send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Promoting the health and safety of all of Manhattanville’s students, faculty and staff is of the utmost importance. To that end, the College will be requiring that all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 by August 2nd, 2021. Applications may be made for accommodations based on medical disability or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Apply for Donor Engagement Officer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly