About The Role
Under the direction of
the COO, we are seeking a VP of Finance & Administration who is
an experienced and analytical leader with strong numerical skills
to drive our organization's financial operations and improve
financial performance. Duties will also include supervising
operations in addition to accounting, payroll administration and
technological systems staff, maintaining internal controls and
processes, developing and implementing organization-wide document
management and retention policies, setting financial targets,
implementing fundraising strategies, conducting feasibility
studies, monitoring expenditures, financial reporting, managing
risk and overseeing annual insurance renewals, monitoring cash
flow, evaluating investments, and managing tax and non-profit
reporting and audit requirements. Location: Remote,
preference for Florence, MA area and minimally will require
periodic travel to Florence, MA What You’ll
- Regularly supply financial information to the Leadership Team
to inform organizational decisions.
- Ensure that budgets and resource allocations match the
strategic priorities of the organization.
- Demonstrate a strong command of state campaign finance laws as
well as 501(c) 3 and 501 (c) 4 advocacy rules, and remain up to
date on financial developments that impact the organization’s
ability to execute its strategy.
- Work together with internal staff and external consultants to
ensure that RepresentUs always has compliant, fiscally responsible
options to achieve its strategic objectives and targets.
- Contribute to, understand, and align departmental and
individual objectives and targets with the RepresentUs mission,
vision, and strategy.
- Actively participate as a key member of the Senior Team and be
a visible leader throughout the organization. Collaborate and work
closely with other members of the RepresentUs Senior Team to
promote the organization’s mission and success.
- Supervise the work of RepresentUs Finance and Operations team,
currently comprised of: Senior Staff Accountant, IT Director,
Information Systems Analyst, Deputy Chief of Staff, and Operations
- Strategic Departmental
- Establish systems and processes that foster effective inclusive
collaboration among department staff as well as with other
RepresentUs teams and stakeholders.
- Manage the RepresentUs budget to ensure all resource allocation
and investment is aligned with strategic goals.
- Cultivate and guide the professional growth of the Finance and
Operations teams by establishing and maintaining thoughtful
opportunities to learn, grow, and receive feedback.
- Finance & Budget Management
- Guide the Senior Leadership Team to adopt, approve, establish,
and review budget principles and guidelines, and regularly align
the budget with the organization’s strategy.
- Direct the RepresentUs organizational budget and spending
forecast, including tracking and presenting actual spending against
budget by department and agreed strategic objectives.
- Create and oversee the implementation of guidelines and systems
for senior team members to manage budgets, people and vendor
decisions in their departments.
- Regularly assess cash flow of the organization; prepare
periodic reports and projections for Leadership.
- Distill, explain, and collaborate on reports and presentations
about the organization’s financial story efficiently and
effectively when preparing regular reports to RepresentUs Board of
Directors, funders, and/or creditors.
- Direct team and work cross-departmentally to ensure staff
members have relevant (and compliant) information about the
organization’s project-based spending, cash flow, or other
financial data points to inform their work.
- Act as a signatory for all RepresentUs financial accounts,
including bank accounts and credit cards.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 10 years of related work experience, including but
not limited to: directing an operations department; direct
responsibility for creating and managing a budget in excess of
$10,000,000; basic understanding of legal and compliance impacting
political organizations; and, past responsibility for office
- Experience with managing vendors and consultants providing
accounting, legal, IT and other services.
- Experience with 501(c)3 and 501(c)4 organizations.
- High comfort levels with a rapidly growing, dynamic, fast paced
environment with a strong desire to address issues quickly with no
- Strong collaborator capable of getting the best results from
teammates and stakeholders.
RepresentUs is committed to
supporting employees of varying abilities and to providing
reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities
to thrive at RepresentUs. The requirements of this role,
related to its physical demands, described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. All employees
must be able to operate a computer and use a cell phone. For roles
that include frequent business travel expectations, we can discuss
reasonable alternatives to travel in some instances. Most roles
also require communicating with key external stakeholders of the
organization in person, via the telephone, or via email. Applicants
with questions about accommodations may request to speak with our
ADA liaison, Twanna Freeman at ADA(at)represent.us
Essential functions of the role include:
from a computer for long periods of time; While performing the
duties of this job, the employee may also frequently be required to
communicate using the telephone, email, and in person with
stakeholders; and This position has less than 25% travel
expectations and is eligible for flexible work hour
arrangements. Compensation and
We’re committed to bringing in top talent from
all sectors. Accordingly, we offer competitive salaries and pretty
awesome benefits, including health and dental, a health
reimbursement account, wellness perks, a dependent care account, a
health concierge benefit, a $1,500 professional development
stipend, and a retirement benefit. Plus disability and life
insurance. Oh, and we have this wild idea that we’ll do
better work if we have time to see our friends and families, so we
get four weeks of paid vacation a year, plus personal and sick
time. Competitive salary for non-profit role. The annual
est. salary range based on experience and location is
$120,000-$150,000. To Apply
online at represent.us/careers
and be sure
to attach all requested materials. When an applicant with a
disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to
compete for this position, they may request it in writing by
. No phone calls please.