VP of Finance & Administration
About The Role Under the direction of the COO, we are seeking a VP of Finance & Administration who is an experienced and analytical leader with strong numerical skills to drive our organization's financial operations and improve financial performance. Duties will also include supervising operations in addition to accounting, payroll administration and technological systems staff, maintaining internal controls and processes, developing and implementing organization-wide document management and retention policies, setting financial targets, implementing fundraising strategies, conducting feasibility studies, monitoring expenditures, financial reporting, managing risk and overseeing annual insurance renewals, monitoring cash flow, evaluating investments, and managing tax and non-profit reporting and audit requirements. Location: Remote, preference for Florence, MA area and minimally will require periodic travel to Florence, MA What You’ll Be Doing
- Regularly supply financial information to the Leadership Team to inform organizational decisions.
- Ensure that budgets and resource allocations match the strategic priorities of the organization.
- Demonstrate a strong command of state campaign finance laws as well as 501(c) 3 and 501 (c) 4 advocacy rules, and remain up to date on financial developments that impact the organization’s ability to execute its strategy.
- Work together with internal staff and external consultants to ensure that RepresentUs always has compliant, fiscally responsible options to achieve its strategic objectives and targets.
- Contribute to, understand, and align departmental and individual objectives and targets with the RepresentUs mission, vision, and strategy.
- Actively participate as a key member of the Senior Team and be a visible leader throughout the organization. Collaborate and work closely with other members of the RepresentUs Senior Team to promote the organization’s mission and success.
- Supervise the work of RepresentUs Finance and Operations team, currently comprised of: Senior Staff Accountant, IT Director, Information Systems Analyst, Deputy Chief of Staff, and Operations Coordinator
- Strategic Departmental Leadership
- Establish systems and processes that foster effective inclusive collaboration among department staff as well as with other RepresentUs teams and stakeholders.
- Manage the RepresentUs budget to ensure all resource allocation and investment is aligned with strategic goals.
- Cultivate and guide the professional growth of the Finance and Operations teams by establishing and maintaining thoughtful opportunities to learn, grow, and receive feedback.
- Finance & Budget Management
- Guide the Senior Leadership Team to adopt, approve, establish, and review budget principles and guidelines, and regularly align the budget with the organization’s strategy.
- Direct the RepresentUs organizational budget and spending forecast, including tracking and presenting actual spending against budget by department and agreed strategic objectives.
- Create and oversee the implementation of guidelines and systems for senior team members to manage budgets, people and vendor decisions in their departments.
- Regularly assess cash flow of the organization; prepare periodic reports and projections for Leadership.
- Distill, explain, and collaborate on reports and presentations about the organization’s financial story efficiently and effectively when preparing regular reports to RepresentUs Board of Directors, funders, and/or creditors.
- Direct team and work cross-departmentally to ensure staff members have relevant (and compliant) information about the organization’s project-based spending, cash flow, or other financial data points to inform their work.
- Act as a signatory for all RepresentUs financial accounts, including bank accounts and credit cards.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 10 years of related work experience, including but not limited to: directing an operations department; direct responsibility for creating and managing a budget in excess of $10,000,000; basic understanding of legal and compliance impacting political organizations; and, past responsibility for office management.
- Experience with managing vendors and consultants providing accounting, legal, IT and other services.
- Experience with 501(c)3 and 501(c)4 organizations.
- High comfort levels with a rapidly growing, dynamic, fast paced environment with a strong desire to address issues quickly with no drama.
- Strong collaborator capable of getting the best results from teammates and stakeholders.