Associate Director, Corporate Co-Ventures
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team.
The Associate Director, Corporate Co-Ventures will be responsible for HRC’s National Corporate Cause Marketing relationships, operations, and strategic outreach, as well as to build partnerships and implement solutions and provide direction for HRC’s broader interaction with the business community specific to corporate co-ventures. This position will be based in Washington, D.C.
- Direct the day-to-day operations of the Corporate Co-Ventures program within the Corporate Development team. This encompasses setting of goals, strategies, and initiatives required to raise money for the work of HRC through Corporate channels specific to the cause marketing effort.
- Oversee the development and growth of the Corporate Development team’s cause marketing platform, including identifying prospects, negotiating strategic agreements for new and renewing partnerships, and stewarding the co-venture process throughout each opportunity’s lifecycle.
- Drive the identification and stewardship of cause marketing relationships.
- Work alongside the consumer marketing and communications and marketing teams to fulfill cause marketing obligations.
- Provide resources and direction to other development lines, such as community events to enhance their channels of cause marketing.
- Further enhance and maintain the cause marketing infrastructure to provide strategic co-ventures, aligned with HRC’s mission and goals, throughout the calendar year and, around key LGBTQ milestone events, including Pride, National Coming Out Day, to name a few.
- Survey the competitive landscape specific to queer spaces and work to further align HRC’s existing and developing cause marketing opportunities.
- Consult with HRC’s National Corporate Partners (NCPs) and other potential partners to create the most strategic benefits packages that are uniquely tailored to their specific needs and maximizing their return on investment.
- Work with the Corporate Development team to generate year-end reports and other supporting documentation, including recap reports, board presentations.
- Manage National Partners that also have specific cause marketing components.
- Align with the Workplace Equality Team to assure co-ventures are consistent with HRC’s standards and associated triggers within the Corporate Equality Index (CEI).
- Work with the Finance team to maintain the accuracy of financial information provided throughout the organization.
- Partner with other HRC teams, including General Counsel, Marketing and Communications to ensure cause marketing efforts have the right level of support and frameworks required to protect and preserve HRC’s brand and mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5 to 7 years of proven experience in marketing and cause marketing, including management of key relationships with corporate partners, clients, or stakeholders as well as experience in establishing, creating, and stewarding external partnerships with an emphasis on sales and marketing.
- Excellent presentation, writing, analytical, and creative skills, with the ability to clearly articulate the work of HRC to corporate partners and prospects and the requests of corporate partners to HRC senior leadership.
- Must excel in building critical partnerships and formulating and implementing innovative solutions.
- Prior experience successfully managing a cause marketing budget and process.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, dynamic, and constantly changing organization, while answering to multiple competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and manage work under tight deadlines.
- Experience in a corporate setting desired, particularly in LGBTQ marketing, DE&I or community or government affairs/relations.
- A strong grasp of the role companies can play to further LGBTQ Equality and the nuanced approach required to advance HRC’s mission within Corporate America.
- Personal interest in and commitment to LGBTQ rights required.
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign and/or the Human Rights Campaign Foundation may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
No phone calls or emails, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.