Presentation High School
Annual Giving Director
Presentation High School, located in the heart of Silicon
Valley, has an immediate need for an experienced Annual Giving
Reports to: Director of Advancement
This position is responsible to develop and implement a
comprehensive, metrics-driven annual giving plan, drive long-term
donor cultivation and stewardship, and grow revenue from various
constituencies. The Annual Giving Director will collaborate closely
with the Director of Advancement, the advancement team, and key
leadership to coordinate a comprehensive fundraising plan each year
providing short-term and long-term vision to this essential
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create, execute and evaluate the plan for annual giving that
reaches all constituencies (current parents, alumnae, parents of
alumnae, friends of Presentation, grandparents, faculty/staff,
which includes our Spanish-speaking community). Develop goals and
strategy by constituent group. Annual giving includes Panther Fund,
Crowds4Pres day of giving, and Financial Aid.
- Lead Panther Fund committee. Recruit, train, and manage an
all-volunteer team to meet
participation and financial goals and meet campaign objectives.
Responsible for renewal of donors with multi-year pledges.
- Direct Crowds4Pres giving campaign in spring. Design
communications (email and video) plan with PR and coordinate
website updating throughout the campaign. Actively involve program
directors who benefit from the campaign.
- Oversee renewal of Direct Aid pledges and cultivate new donors
to meet the ever-increasing Direct Aid needs.
- Collaborate with Alumnae Relations Director to sustain and grow
support from and connection
between alumnae and Presentation.
- Manage a portfolio of leadership donors with specific goals for
contact and advancement. Provide support to additional staff
(Director of Advancement, President, etc.) who maintain portfolios.
Lead regular donor prospect meetings and coordinate necessary donor
- Stewardship of annual giving donors in conjunction with the
Director of Advancement to build
strategies for moving donors to higher giving levels.
- Coordinate communications strategy around fundraising campaigns
to educate and cultivate a
culture of philanthropy in support of the mission of PHS.
- Meet regularly with the President and Director of Advancement.
Report to Advancement
Committee of the Board of Directors as requested.
- Work in tandem with the Stewardship Director on stewardship
events and annual giving recognition.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- 5 years of successful fundraising experience, preferably in
secondary education in annual giving, development, advancement
services, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years project management experience and supervisory
management experience preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Total resonance with the mission, vision, and values of
Presentation High School and the Catholic education tradition
including a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and
- A self-starter and team player with a sense of urgency who is
driven to learn and continually identify and determine ways to
improve their fundraising implementation and professional skills
and source and solve problems and challenges that arise.
- Develop and present recommendations for modernization of
internal systems and updated best practices.
- Demonstrate complete integrity and inspire trust in order to
effectively establish and maintain
cooperative working relationships within a diverse,
multicultural environment and promote and
contribute to an inclusive and respectful workplace.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with a
wide-ranging audience, including
leadership, parents, volunteers, alumnae, faculty/staff, and
- Knowledge of ResearchPoint
- Proficient in Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge
- Proven networking skills
- Track record of donor relations and donor acquisition
- History of meeting or exceeding budget income
The physical demands described below represent those that must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. In accordance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act, as amended, the California Fair Employment &
Housing Act, and all other applicable laws, Presentation High
School provides reasonable accommodations for qualified persons
with disabilities. A qualified individual is a person who meets the
skill, experience, education, or other requirements of the position
and who can perform the essential functions of the position with or
without reasonable accommodation.
Expectations for the position
- Considerable time is spent at a desk using a computer
- Required to travel to other buildings on the campus
- May be required to attend off-site meetings and gatherings at
locations across the Bay Area
- May be required to attend conference and training sessions
within Bay Area or in- or out-of-state locations
- Occasional travel in support of school initiatives
- May be required to lift up to 10 lbs
The work environment characteristics described below represent
those an employee typically encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job.
- Typical office environment
- Mostly indoor office environment with windows
- Time spent throughout campus observing activities
- Offices with equipment noise
- Offices with frequent interruptions
Presentation High School is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer committed to excellence through diversity and
inclusion. In this spirit, we particularly welcome applications
from women, persons of color, and members of historically
underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a
qualified individual with a disability, or other protected category
under applicable law. The school will provide reasonable
accommodations to individuals with a disability.
Interested applicants are asked to download the appropriate
application at Presentation Employment Opportunities. Complete the
application and email your application, a letter of interest/cover
letter, resume, and contact list of three professional references
to email@example.com. Qualified
applicants will be contacted regarding the next steps.