Leadership Enterprise for a Diverse America (LEDA) empowers a
community of exceptional young leaders from under-resourced
backgrounds by supporting their higher education and professional
success in order to create a more inclusive and equitable country.
LEDA believes that selective colleges are not only a gateway to
opportunity, but a nexus for the development of leadership in every
field. By helping talented students from under-resourced
backgrounds access these institutions and providing them with the
tools necessary to succeed, LEDA seeks to ensure that this
country’s leadership is truly reflective of its citizenry. LEDA’s
vision is to build an inclusive and equitable America where
leadership reflects, celebrates, and supports diverse
About the Position LEDA is seeking a highly capable, dedicated,
and passionate individual to join a dynamic and high-functioning
organization at a critical and exciting stage in its 17-year
history. Reporting to the Senior Director of Development and
External Relations, the newly created position of Associate
Director of Major Gifts will cultivate and solicit major gifts from
individual donors, as well as support with corporate and foundation
solicitation, as determined by the Senior Director. The Associate
Director of Major Gifts is an integral part of LEDA’s burgeoning
development and communications department. The ideal candidate will
have experience in building the strategy, tools, and processes that
support successful donor cultivation, solicitation, and
stewardship, as evidenced by revenue and donor base growth. In
addition, they will be a persuasive communicator, resourceful,
proactive, and possess superb written and verbal communication
Major Donor Giving
● Work hand-in-hand with the Senior Director of Development and
External Relations and the Executive Director in fundraising
● Develop strategies to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit,
and steward major donor prospects.
● Actively manage a portfolio of prospective major individual
donors and meet with individual donors throughout the donor life
cycle, as determined by the Senior Director.
● Ensure fundraising success through strategic cultivation and
follow-up of individual gift prospects identified through events,
prospect research, and organizational contacts.
● Develop individual plans for donor engagement, including
virtual site visit opportunities, cultivation events, and volunteer
● Support with the implementation of LEDA’s long-term
development plan, including continual strategic assessments in
light of organizational needs and capacity.
● Spearhead efforts to launch a long-term fundraising
● Work collaboratively with other team members to advance
fundraising goals, including supporting the growth of LEDA’s
institutional donor pipeline.
Digital Fundraising Efforts
● Implement and manage a comprehensive digital and
individualized communications strategy for a mid-level giving
program, which includes assessment of mid-level donors and
development of stewardship opportunities.
● Help to develop a regional fundraising strategy to expand
LEDA’s fundraising scope and reach, including efforts to align
activities with LEDA’s alumni giving efforts.
● Create, launch, and implement a LEDA leadership giving
Existing and Prospect Donor Management
● Create proposals, e-correspondence, notes, and letters for
potential family foundations and individuals.
● Maintain record-keeping and reporting to both internal and
external parties, ensuring transparency of data related to giving,
sources of support, and goals to measure and manage success.
● Ensure that the flow of information (reports, proposals,
letters, and materials for prospects and donors) is centralized and
managed efficiently and smoothly.
● Support with the development of systems to best integrate and
expand LEDA’s prospecting efforts, effective management and
identification of prospects, as well as the implementation of a
moves management system.
● 7-10 years of progressive leadership experience in a nonprofit
organization with a track record of successful major gift
fundraising or related experience. The ideal candidate will have
experience working with individual, foundation, and corporate
● Proven ability to effectively interact with, and cultivate
strong relationships with a range of stakeholders, including Board
members, donors, and staff.
● Demonstrated commitment to improving access to education and
leadership opportunities for traditionally underrepresented student
● Ability to conceptualize, plan, and implement a programmatic
approach to building relationships and securing philanthropic
support, including setting ambitious goals, developing strategies
for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship, and prioritizing
● Ability to work autonomously and take initiative in an
innovative and fast-paced environment.
● Ability to thrive in a mission-driven environment with strong
values and culture; passionately committed to LEDA’s mission,
vision and strategic direction.
● Demonstrated ability to be highly collaborative and have a
transparent communication style, with a high level of
This is a full-time position and the salary for the Associate
Director of Major Gifts role is commensurate with experience. LEDA
offers medical and dental insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan,
TransitChek, at least three weeks’ paid vacation, and paid sick
To be considered for this opportunity, please send a cover
letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Associate
Director of Major Gifts” in the subject line. Leadership Enterprise
for a Diverse America is proud to be an equal opportunity