Executive Director of Development
Dallas is a 501(c)(3) affiliate of Envision, whose
headquarters is in Wichita, Kansas. In 2018, Envision acquired
Dallas Lighthouse for the Blind, which is now Envision Dallas. With
nearly 200 employees, Envision Dallas serves 150,000 blind and
visually impaired people in 11 North Texas counties. Currently a
$37 million operation, this is a rapidly growing organization.
Envision assists the blind and visually impaired population by
providing employment, outreach, rehabilitation, education and
research. It was founded in 1933 as the Wichita Workshop and
Training School for the Adult Blind. The facility taught blind
people how to make and sell products. Today, Envision Dallas
employs the blind and visually impaired in manufacturing such
products as safety vests for highway construction workers, military
pouches, sunglass holders and in manning a call center for various
outreach projects. In addition, Envision Dallas provides education,
training and support for the young visually impaired, as well as
for all newly impaired individuals seeking to adjust to a life
It’s estimated that 4.2 million adult Americans ages 40+ are
blind or visually impaired. There are approximately 63,657 youth
(0-21 years of age) who are legally blind. Envision’s multi-faceted
manufacturing and service lines all revolve around its core mission
of improving the quality of life and providing inspiration for
blind and visually impaired (BVI) people.
The Executive Director of Development will serve as the lead
fundraiser in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate
needs to be a high energy and entrepreneurial doer functioning
within a complex social enterprise environment that uses a business
model to generate revenue. He or she will have 6-10 years of
high-level relational sales or professional fundraising
He or she must be able to think creatively, with the ability to
accept a reasonable level of risk, and be open to change. The
Executive Director serves as a key member of the Envision Dallas
leadership team and will report to the Managing Director of
Envision Dallas, David Stupay.
- Identify potential contributors including individuals,
corporations, and foundations; develop strategies to secure major
- Actively participate in the solicitation of gifts to Envision
- Implement a comprehensive capital campaign with a goal of
- Actively manage a portfolio of prospects capable of making
gifts of $100,000+, working closely with the Managing Director to
create compelling strategies for transformational gifts.
- Execute an annual fundraising plan. Meet weekly and monthly
metrics to achieve goals.
- Develop relationships and solicit individuals capable of major
- Actively seek to build partnerships with corporations and
foundations who have an interest in Envision’s mission.
- Execute an annual direct mail plan
- Execute special events as needed to build philanthropic
- Lead employee giving program
- Actively participate in the annual strategic planning process
to include budgeting, business reviews and other financial metrics
- Oversee one position, the Outreach Manager in communications
and activities that support the fundraising efforts. (Additional
positions may be added as the program grows.)
- Team with Marketing in the development of a marketing and media
plan as it relates to and supports fundraising.
- Develop metrics for fundraising success.
- Maintain professional contact with associations, and
organizations where collaboration and networking are of benefit to
- Develop stewardship plans and activities for donors.
- Perform other duties as required.
Professional and Personal Qualifications
- 6-10 years of high-level relational sales or professional
- Energized by the mission of employment and independence for
people who are blind or visually impaired to help them succeed and
thrive in the workplace, have productive and meaningful lives and
contribute to their communities.
- Interest in a business and social enterprise model to achieve
and underwrite this mission.
- Be relational and outward focused.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong capabilities in planning and organizing.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills,
including excellent interpersonal skills to establish relationships
throughout the organization and with outside constituencies.
- Be goal driven and possess a high degree of creativity,
entrepreneurship and energy.
Location and Compensation
This position will be onsite at the Envision Dallas office.
Salary is competitive and benefits include medical, dental, LTD,
vision, and a 401K retirement plan.
Envision Dallas does not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, gender, age, national origin, disability or sexual
This search is being conducted by The Moran Company.
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter and resume to
Jane Lampo, The Moran Company. Resume should be
chronological and include all professional education and
experience, dates of employment (month and year), position/title,
and organization names.