Director of Development
Eastern Music Festival, Inc.
Eastern Music Festival (EMF), a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit
educational/artistic institution located in Greensboro, North
Carolina, seeks a highly motivated, creative, entrepreneurial
development professional with a proven fundraising track record
across all funding areas. Reporting directly to Eastern Music
Festival’s Executive Director, the Director of Development will
cultivate and maintain positive relationships with current and
potential donors, including individuals, corporations, foundations,
and public sources.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Investigating and developing corporate giving strategies and
- Managing and increasing individual giving
- Establishing/expanding partnerships with and generating in-kind
support from local/regional businesses
- Writing/administering foundation and government grants
- Growing the alumni and parent network and creating events and
opportunities to encourage alumni donations and connections
- Developing and expanding an effective planned giving
- Working directly with EMF Board of Directors and others on
donor prospect identification, cultivation, and stewardship
- Leading Board members, volunteers, staff, and patrons in
executing fundraising events and campaigns
- Extracting and presenting statistical fundraising data for
trends and analysis to the Executive Director and Board of
- Creating innovative projects that engage fresh patrons/audience
members and showcase EMF’s work in person and on an online
Additional duties may include creating online development
strategies and utilizing social media/digital tools; coordinating
fundraising events; and/or coordinating with/leading
volunteer-engaged fundraising initiatives and functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher is required. Post-graduate and/or
arts administration degree is a plus
- 5+ years of direct experience with corporate fundraising and
with securing sponsorships
- Experience executing fundraising campaigns across multiple
donor channels, including business partnerships, major donors, and
- Availability and willingness to work long hours during the
Festival season of June and July, as well as evenings and weekends,
as needed, for special events and meetings throughout the year
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal
- Personal and professional commitment to Diversity, Equity,
Access, and Inclusion in the arts
- Proficient in MS Office tools
- Experience with online donor management platforms, FrontStream
- Knowledge of and passion for classical music and education
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and
entrepreneurially, as well as to build authentic relationships with
donors and partners
- Ability to multi-task and work with a variety of teams and
EMF’s offices are located in downtown Greensboro, and the EMF
Director of Development must reside in the greater Greensboro/Triad
region. Overnight travel is infrequent.
Compensation and Benefits:
$55,000 - $70,000 annual salary, commensurate with
Paid vacations and holidays
Health insurance plan
Flexible work hours
403(b) retirement plan (proposed)
About Eastern Music Festival
Founded in 1961, Eastern Music Festival's mission is to promote
musical enrichment, excellence, professional collaboration,
innovation, and diversity through a nationally recognized teaching
program, music festival, concerts, and other programs that will
enhance the quality of life, health, and vitality of our
Eastern Music Festival is distinctive, set apart by our
accomplished faculty, exhilarating repertoire, brilliant students,
world-renowned visiting artists, and extensive community outreach.
We provide an unmatched educational opportunity for talented,
dedicated, young musicians between the ages of 14 and 23 from
throughout the United States and around the globe.
Our core festival programming (presented during our five-week
Festival each summer) features more than 60 concerts performed by a
faculty of over 75 professional musicians, guest artists of
remarkable talent from around the world, and 250+ young artists. As
budget and year-round calendar allow, EMF presents additional
programs throughout the year that are designed to foster audience
engagement, diversity, and growth.
We are global ambassadors for Greensboro and a visible and
respected international arts and educational institution.
To apply, please submit your résumé, a cover letter, and a
development-related writing sample (such as a letter of inquiry or
funding proposal) to email@example.com.
Please include “Director of Development” in the email subject line.
Applications will be reviewed as received, and the position will
remain open until a candidate is hired.