- Prepare in-depth profiles on individual, corporate, and
foundation prospects, including background and financial research,
using LexisNexis, iWave and other research tools
- Manage and train the research team (including colleagues from
across the department) and research interns.
- Participate in prospect identification and perform
sophisticated database queries and screening to develop the
research pipeline for the entire department.
- Oversee and maintain prospect research data systems to ensure
that research output is trackable, accessible, and easily
understood in order to meet current and future fundraising
- Write and design customized in-depth narrative and financial
reports for individual leadership donors on progress and impact of
their support for capital projects, programs, operations, and
- Draft and design stewardship and cultivation materials
including PowerPoint presentations, photo pages, and info
- Manage formal stewardship efforts, including narrative reports,
financial reports, informal updates, and analysis of impact for
Major Gifts and Campaign donors.
- Oversee stewardship practices and standards in conjunction with
the Major Gifts Manager, including updating of the stewardship
- Assist with coordinating department projects related to video
stewardship/storytelling and other cultivation/stewardship
- Liaise with Major Gifts, Membership, Special Events,
Institutional Funding, Marketing/Design, Communications, Education,
Registration, Business Office, Horticulture, Facilities, Security,
Webmaster, Volunteer Services, Community Greening, and other
divisions to stay abreast of stewardship and cultivation
opportunities and execute projects.
- Provide core proficiency in Raiser’s Edge to advise and assist
other departmental staff, as needed, in data management, list
pulls, queries, and reports.
- Assist as needed with editing and writing proposals for the
Major Gifts team.
- Assist as needed in the development and management of donor
cultivation and stewardship events on-site and off-site, including
receptions, lunches, dinners, meetings, and tours.
- Participate in special events, membership on-site sales, and
other special projects as needed throughout the year.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain confidentiality of donor information.
- Three - five years development experience; background or strong
interest in cultural institutions, environment, education, and/or
- Prior major gifts experience highly desired
- Strong writing skills and ability to work with and analyze
financial data and project budgets
- Attentiveness to details while meeting multiple deadlines
- Proficiency in Lexis/Nexus, iWave and other research tools,
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Raiser’s Edge software
- Enthusiastic, energetic team player able to work independently
behind the scenes, as well as interact closely with trustees,
donors, staff, and guests at all levels
- Ability to work evenings and occasional weekends to help meet
pressing deadlines and support events during the Garden’s peak
season (September–October; March–June)
- Ability to lift and carry event and tour materials as
How to Apply:
No telephone calls for position inquiries,
please. Applicants with disabilities who need assistance
with the online system may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.