The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Analytics & Insights
Senior Specialist-Programs Marketing serves as subject matter
expert within the Marketing Analytics & Insights team to
inform, persuade, influence, and support warrior-driven initiatives
and to leverage Marketing and Programs platform data to gain a deep
understanding of WWP Programs metrics, uncover trends, and drive
strategy behind key organization-wide growth initiatives across new
and existing programs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, &
- Serve as the key liaison between Marketing and WWP’s
Metrics/Impact Evaluation team to collect and analyze data and
assist in storytelling and reporting.
- Lead the efforts to define, collect, analyze, and interpret
complex data on warriors needs, programs, and market changes.
- Consolidate data and information into actionable items,
reports, and presentations. Synthesize findings and prepare
reports, presentations, and white papers that communicate the
story. Illustrate data graphically and translate complex findings
into written text and presentations.
- Investigate and evaluate marketing methods, insights, and
various marketing channels to develop an innovative approach to
strategies using qualitative and quantitative research.
- Utilize an in-depth knowledge of WWP programs and market
research to create and distribute reporting that influence
strategic decision-making among program teams.
- Work closely with Metrics/Impact Evaluation, Program
Operations, and teammates to synthesize analyses and key insights
into clear, concise recommendations for operational decision-making
in support of organizational priorities related to impact and
- Collaborate with business partners on decision-making to
execute on strategies and evaluate performance to measure
- Influence decisions while developing strategy and roadmaps for
Program Marketing to drive engagement in WWP programs.
- Deliver recommendations to connect overall organizational
growth and business objectives within Marketing and Metrics
strategies and programs.
- Identify and drive improvements to data-related processes,
tools, and systems.
- Evaluate program methodology and key data to ensure Marketing
and Metrics/Impact Evaluation are aligned for full funnel data
- Contribute to the overall success of the program marketing by
staying on top of marketing channel best practices, trends,
innovative ideas, strategies, and industry standards.
- Respond to and perform ad hoc assignments, as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to build, manage, and query
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative skills with demonstrated
ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, identify trends and
issues, and diagnose root causes.
- Strong analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to perform
analyses on large and often incomplete datasets.
- Demonstrated understanding of customer relationship management
software, e.g., Salesforce platform, products, and processes, and
to implement established and new business processes within the
- Demonstrated ability to build and generate reports or
dashboards in Salesforce, and pulling, cleaning, and analyzing data
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize time and manage multiple concurrent
important projects for different internal teams and meet
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated
ability to effectively explain complex information. Demonstrated
ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders, ask critical
questions, and obtain pertinent information and details.
Strong listening skills.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage analytical and communication
skills to present clear and actionable recommendations to
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to effectively interact and
communicate with diverse individuals.
Demonstrated relationship-building skills to build
effective working relationships and partner with cross-functional
teams and external research partners. Collaborative approach
to problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to understand business concepts and use
data to influence business decision making.
- Eagerness to learn, flexibility to pivot when needed, savviness
to navigate and thrive in a dynamic environment, with a growth
mindset. Creative and innovative thinker.
- High energy level. Self- starter; willing to take
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and
business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work
- Five years of experience working with Salesforce, Salesforce
Marketing Cloud, or similar customer relationship management (CRM)
system building, and generating reports and dashboards.
- Five years of experience using Excel for data analyses,
cleaning and analyzing data, generating reports, and using for data
- Five years of experience in data analytics, predictive
modelling, and hypothesis testing.
- Five years of experience translating data into information for
utilization by business partners.
- Two years of experience using the Google Analytics
- Two years of experience in Marketing.
- One year of experience working with a non-profit
- Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, business, marketing,
finance, data analysis. Equivalent combination of extensive
education, experience, training, and certification may be
considered in lieu of degree.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Master’s degree in marketing, finance, or data
- General office environment; temperature controlled.
- Up to 15% travel.