The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Web Content Management
Administrator Senior Specialist coordinates the design,
development, and content of the WWP website, and ensures the
website is continuously fully functioning to provide the best user
experience. This role is critical to ensuring the web properties
support organizational goals of registering and engaging warriors
and family members and driving revenue through digital
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, &
- Manage and maintain all digital properties to ensure
functionality and content is up-to-date, relevant, high performing,
and consistent with the WWP look, voice, and overall brand.
(Digital properties include main site, Cool Careers, Carry Forward
and Community Fundraising platforms, Newsroom, and other warrior
- Oversee technical aspects of end-to-end web maintenance and
enhancements including user interface enhancements, creating new
templates/layouts, adding new pages, updating content on all
digital properties, and website application and database
- Collaborate with data analysts and configure web properties
with data integrations that ensure data is properly tagged,
received, transformed, stored, and made accessible in analytics
- Strategize, test, and implement technical enhancements to
improve usability, design, and content.
- Collaborate with program/services teams to ensure digital
properties facilitate high-quality user experiences for warriors
and family members throughout their journey.
- Work with IT department to maintain website standards and to
recommend new development, technology, and design relating to
cross-developmental and design projects.
- Manage and track vendor relationships on search engine
optimization (SEO) efforts to ensure digital properties and its
content perform according to strategy, including WWP main site,
donation forms, fundraising platforms, and Newsroom.
- Manage relationships with vendors to facilitate upgrades and
major technical enhancements to digital properties.
- Maintain web properties to comply with Americans with
Disabilities Act (ADA) standards.
- Effectively communicate the WWP mission, vision, and values,
and the importance of WWP programs in public forums, events, and
public awareness campaigns.
- Participate in process improvement activities and on project
teams as appropriate.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Web development - proficient in web programming languages in
order to update or create web pages and implement new site
- Proven experience with content management systems.
- Proven experience with website applications and databases.
- Proven experience with web hosting services and website
- Proven experience with Google Analytics and Google Tag
- Proven experience with website upgrades and
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to
develop and maintain professional relationships and interact
effectively with diverse individuals to build effective working
relationships. Demonstrated emotional intelligence. Ability to
respond to sensitive matters with diplomacy and empathy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to establish credibility, be decisive,
influence others, and influence change.
- Strong presentation skills. Confident communicator with
demonstrated ability to present information effectively.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Effectively
complete assignments and meet deadlines.
- Strong project management skills. Demonstrated ability to
manage multiple projects effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrated understanding of budget management.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and
business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work
- Six years of working with Content Management Systems (Umbraco,
Drupal, WordPress, Sitecore, Salesforce).
- Six years of experience using Google Analytics, Google Tag
Manager and other industry related platforms.
- Six years experience with multiple front-end languages and
- Six years experience with multiple back-end languages (e.g. C#,
- Two years of experience with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB),
web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design.
- Three years of staff management experience including managing
virtual, remote, widely-dispersed staff.
- Three years of experience working in a creative agency.
- Two years of experience with tech stack evaluations, website
replatform and redesign.
- Two years of experience with industry platforms Digioh and
- Two years of project management experience.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSURE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or
related field. Equivalent combination of education and experience
may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Google Analytics Certified
- Google Tag Manager Fundamentals