Pancreatic cancer doesn’t stop or slow down, and neither do we. At
PanCAN, we accelerate critical progress for pancreatic cancer
patients. We take bold action by funding life-saving research,
providing personalized patient services free of charge, and
creating a community of supporters and volunteers who will stop at
nothing to create a world in which all pancreatic cancer patients
PanCAN’s Precision Promise (SM) is one example of how we work to
change the future for pancreatic cancer patients. Precision Promise
is our groundbreaking clinical trial platform that is now enrolling
patients at top institutions nationwide. Precision Promise is what
the pancreatic cancer field and our patient community have been
waiting for, hailed for its ability to transform the way clinical
research is done for this disease.
We’re looking for people who, like us, will stop at nothing to
make progress for patients. Our work is critical, meaningful and it
changes lives every day. Join us and be a part of it!
The National Director of Leadership Giving will lead all major
gifts fundraising in their U.S. region. This new position reports
to the Vice President of Leadership Giving. The National Director
of Leadership Giving will be expected to build and manage a
portfolio of donors and prospects with the potential to make
six-figure and seven-figure gifts to support their biomedical
research, clinical initiatives, patient services and advocacy
efforts. The National Director of Leadership Giving will bring an
accomplished track record of establishing and growing major giving
programs and will contribute to PanCAN’s overall fundraising goal
of $200 million by 2020. The National Director of Leadership
Giving builds a portfolio of major gift prospects and donors from
individuals and organizations exhibiting trust, confidence,
sensitivity, and professionalism.
The National Director of Leadership Giving will have the following
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic cultivation plan
that will generate major gifts from high-level, sophisticated
donors and prospects within assigned region.
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward major gift
prospects that meet and exceed all activity metrics and revenue
- Build a strong portfolio of new donors and prospects that
generates six-figure gifts from a wide range of sources.
- Build and maintain a strong portfolio of 100-125 current and
new donors and prospects, utilizing senior PanCAN executives, board
members, and volunteers as natural partners in cultivating and
- Develop and maintain positive, collaborative working
relationships with the development and community engagement
- Cultivate planned giving relationships that also creates a
pipeline of new and existing donors as part of the Micki Love
Society, PanCAN’s legacy program.
- Act as principal donor strategist for each prospect in the
portfolio with specific responsibility to develop a written donor
strategy and relationship record of all interactions.
Within the first 12 to 18 months, the National Director of
Leadership Giving will achieve the following major objectives:
- Generate from the portfolio at least three to five major gifts
at the six-figure level, with a goal of raising at least $2 to $3
million annually within the next three years.
- Build a broad base of support for long-term sustainable
revenues through PanCAN’s medical and scientific leadership.
- Work closely with the development and patient services teams to
develop successful donor partnerships with patients and
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
The ideal candidate will possess most of the following
- A deep, passionate commitment to the Pancreatic Cancer Action
- A minimum of five to seven years of successful fundraising
experience in managing high-level donor and prospect relationships
with a proven record of soliciting major gifts at the six-figure
level or seven-figure level. Experience with major gifts in a
healthcare environment would be an advantage.
- A proactive, transparent leader with the maturity, discipline,
and drive to build new and existing donor and prospect
- A strong listener with the tact and sensitivity to engage well
with a diverse range of donors, volunteers, patients, and
- Capacity to acquire an understanding of pancreatic cancer, as
well as issues of regarding biomedical research, clinical studies,
and patient services.
- Strong interpersonal and motivational skills that convey trust,
flexibility, and integrity.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage
multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines and goals.
- Excellent communication and verbal skills with a persuasive
ability to generate support on behalf of PanCAN.
- Ability to partner closely with senior leaders across the
organization, including the CEO and executive leadership.
- Strong research, planning, analytical, and problem-solving
skills, and an ability to effectively screen prospective donors
from information provided by PanCAN leaders and volunteers
- High degree of technological proficiency with top fundraising
software such as The Raiser’s Edge.
- Ability to travel as necessary and attend activities as needed,
including evenings and weekends.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college is
OUR CORE VALUES: Deliver Excellence,
Gratitude and Service, Accountability, Team and Sparkle Spirit!
In order to support the people fighting the world’s toughest
cancer, we provide our staff with the resources, care, and sparkle
to do and be their best in and out of the office. We offer
competitive salaries, flexible work arrangements, exceptional time
off, health and welfare benefits creating an extraordinary
workplace and culture that our team members highly recommend to
friends and colleagues. Please email your resume to Sultan Moore,
Associate Director of Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For detailed information regarding life @ PanCAN please
The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network is an equal opportunity
employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all
positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national
origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status
protected under local, state or federal laws.