PRINTING United Alliance, the largest national graphic arts
trade association, represents an industry with approximately one
million employees and serves the interests of thousands of member
companies. We deliver to our members products and
services that enhance their knowledge, growth, efficiency, and
profitability through advocacy, research, education, and
In our hiring process, our goal is to develop and retain a
diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where all employees
feel they are respected, treated fairly, and given equal
opportunity to excel in their careers.
PRINTING United Alliance recognizes our employees are our
greatest asset and our benefits package is designed to take good
care of our employees. Along with a competitive salary, the
comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision
programs, company-paid life and disability insurance, paid time
off/paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with generous company match and a
wide variety of additional benefits.
The Director, Corporate Giving will
execute a comprehensive corporate industry-wide fundraising program
to include identifying, soliciting, and stewarding corporate donors
to support the PRINTING United Alliance Government Advocacy Fund to
meet annual fundraising goals and to fulfill the strategic plan of
- Execute on the Association’s year-round fundraising targets
with the primary goal of soliciting corporate funds from diverse
sectors of the printing industry to support the government advocacy
- Research and identify potential donors utilizing industry
research, publications, and networking.
- Coordinate with Government Affairs and PR Departments to
present value proposition and strategic campaign messaging.
- Establish and oversee effective donor stewardship process using
fundraising best practices to acknowledge contributions.
- Ensure contributions are tracked, invoiced, and coordinate as
appropriate with both IT and Accounting Departments to maintain
- Develop reporting mechanism to regularly update CEO and senior
leadership on revenue milestones.
- Seek and maintain knowledge of current trends and developments
in the printing industry and effectively communicate the goals of
our advocacy program.
- Represent association as needed at conferences or special
- Manage administrative budget and monitor expenses against
- Meet and exceed fundraising goals set by association
- In collaboration with Corporate Counsel, maintain all necessary
legal compliance associated with the Government Advocacy Fund
- A minimum of 5 years’ successful fundraising experience, with
documented experience soliciting corporate or industry funds.
- Excellent prospecting, sales and negotiating skills.
- Oral and written communication skills, including professional
donor relations ability.
- Ability and comfort level working with C-Suite level executives
and small business owners.
- Proficiency in creating effective executive-level presentations
(i.e., PowerPoint) and general proficiency in MS Office Products
(PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, and Teams)
- Ability and willingness to work in an inter-departmental
fashion to achieve goals.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or
- Certified Fundraising Executive credentials (or similar) a
PRINTING United Alliance is committed to providing equal
opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the
employment relationship, without regard to race, religion, color,
age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical
conditions), marital status, parental status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, national origin,
citizenship, political affiliation, status as a protected veteran,
status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable
legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the
basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.