We're artists and educators. Strategists and problem solvers.
Providers and caretakers. Optimizers and growth seekers.
We empower artists and art enthusiasts of all ages to live
meaningful, creative lives—and we've been doing so for almost a
As an Interlochen employee, every position has an impact. You’ll
invest in the lives of thousands of emerging artists. You’ll help
craft amazing moments that our students will always remember. And
you’ll be changed in the process.
We are looking for a Major Gift Officer to join our Philanthropy
team. In this role, you will have the following organizational
- Engage in all phases of prospect management to result in the
successful solicitation of donors and prospects for 5-7 figure
annual, major, or planned gifts.
- Manage a portfolio of 130-150 donors, prospects, and suspects.
Start with a base portfolio and build it with prospects in targeted
geographic locations. Develop relationships with donors and
prospects through in-person visits, virtual meetings, phone calls,
events, written and electronic correspondence.
- Pair donor/prospect interests with institutional priorities.
Develop, monitor, revise, and implement strategies for
- Major gift work may include partnering with Interlochen and
Philanthropy leadership and volunteer leaders.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2-5 years of major gift fundraising experience.
- Ability to develop and deliver a compelling story for donor
proposals and presentations.
- Ability to utilize a CRM to enter, interpret and track donor
- Familiarity with annual, special/major, and planned giving
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally.
Additional experience that would be helpful in this role:
- Arts experience or knowledge
- Google Workplace experience
What you will get:
- Being a part of a mission and community that develops young
artists. Interlochen Alumni are distinguished and include 2021 Emmy
Award Nominees - Maya Erskine, Sydney James Harcourt, Ashley Park
and Our Lady J.
- Competitive salary with bonus incentive included in the
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life, Critical Illness and
Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Childcare)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term
- Discounted Tuition for Academy, Camp and College of Creative
- Discounted Concert Tickets (This year’s lineup includes
Chicago, Harry Connick Jr. & his Band: Time to Play!,
Foreigner: The Greatest Hits Tour, Jake Owen, Old Crow Medicine
Show with Special Guest Molly Tuttle and Buddy Guy with Robert
Randolph & The Family Band)
Location: Main campus is located in Interlochen, MI between Duck
and Green Lake. (13 miles away from Traverse City, MI). Location is
flexible for remote work.
Travel: Due to COVID-19, we have restricted business travel;
however, this role may include up to 50 % travel, including 4
visits annually to Interlochen’s campus if working remotely.
We hone skills and mold minds. We forge lasting friendships. We
provide unity through the universal language of the arts. It’s time
to discover Interlochen. Apply today at https://careers.interlochen.org/employment-opportunities
A global destination for artists and arts enthusiasts,
Interlochen Center for the Arts nurtures creativity through six
dynamic platforms: Interlochen Arts Camp, the renowned summer arts
program; Interlochen Arts Academy, the nation’s premier fine arts
boarding high school; Interlochen Presents, a producer of more than
600 annual performances by internationally celebrated guest
artists, Interlochen students, and faculty; Interlochen Public
Radio, two listener-supported, 24-hour public radio stations
(classical music and news); Interlochen College of Creative Arts, a
convener for lifelong learning in the arts; and Interlochen Online
the emerging leader in virtual arts education.
Since 1928, Interlochen’s mission to inspire people worldwide
through excellence in the arts and education has produced
generations of purposeful creative lives. For more information,
visit interlochen.org. Follow Interlochen on Twitter, Instagram,
Facebook, and YouTube at @interlochenarts.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Interlochen Center for the Arts is an Equal Employment
Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex,
national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship,
disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity,
gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status,
pregnancy, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. This
list is not exhaustive and we strive to do more than the law