Catholic Charities is one of the largest, most comprehensive
human services agencies in Northern California, reaching more than
32,000 individuals a year in San Francisco, San Mateo, and Marin
counties. We tackle some of the most pressing challenges in our
community – homelessness, generational poverty, inequality, aging
in isolation, HIV-AIDS, and immigration to name a few – with
determination, expertise, and collaborative problem-solving with
those we serve. As an integral part of our communities, we work to
keep our neighborhoods diverse, productive, safe, and healthy
through our more than 30 programs, comprehensive services, and
social justice advocacy. We bolster our neighbors – single mothers,
adults and families experiencing homelessness, adults with
disabilities, seniors, children and youth, people living with
HIV/AIDS, and immigrants – when they need help, solutions, and
hope. We are compassionate caregivers, ardent advocates, and
champions of those in need. If you are eager to have a substantive
impact on the lives of others and the health of our community,
apply here. Join us as we change lives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
JOB SUMMARY: The position is responsible for the identification,
cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of Foundation prospects,
including new prospective donors. The Foundation Relations Officer
will develop and implement strategic moves for achieving specific
goals. The position reports to the Chief Philanthropy Officer and
works collaboratively with the CEO, Board Members, and other senior
- Solicits foundation gifts, contributing to the revenue
generation for the organization (both restricted and
- Develops and implements strategies for identification,
cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of a significant
portfolio of Foundation prospects and donors.
- Manages a portfolio of a minimum of 70 prospects contributing
toward meeting an annual team goal with anticipated growth and
- Works closely with the Prospect Research and Management
- Uses our Raiser Edge database to fulfill reporting and database
- Works collaboratively with and in support of volunteers, other
Development staff, and agency leadership to cultivate and solicit
donors for agency priorities.
- Promotes a collegial atmosphere within the Development
department, working cooperatively with all fundraising staff to
help them and the department to meet their overall financial
- Experience working with fundraising metrics.
- Works with the CEO and Board when appropriate to engage major
- Works and coordinates with Grants and Contracts team to build
long-term relationships with our donors, conducts stewardship and
- Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to
assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Bachelor's degree in business, communications, or related
- Minimum 10 years of development experience.
- Preferred demonstrable experience working with Foundations and
Knowledge, Skills &
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, listening, writing
and communication skills.
- Personal intellectual skills to articulate organizational needs
to various constituencies.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and practices.
- Demonstrates the necessary attitudes, knowledge and skills to
deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in
Council on Accreditation (COA) roles
- Is responsible for accurate and timely data entry that
aids Performance and Quality Improvement (PQI) reporting and case
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Frequent bending, standing, stooping, kneeling, reaching,
twisting, and walking.
- Frequent lifting, pushing, and pulling.
- Frequent repetitive motions: Making substantial movements
(motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds
of force constantly to move objects.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform
an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures;
transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; and extensive
- Driving is required for this position.
If driving a car is required for the position, incumbent must have
a valid California driver's license and be able to provide proof of
DMV record and personal insurance (if
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate in accordance with a typical office environment
- Occasionally exposed to perfume or scents in personal care
products used by employees and visitors
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are
intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not
to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All
personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal
responsibilities from time to time, as needed.