Position Description: Development Director, West
Coast is responsible for leading all development efforts
and revenue generation to implement Save The Music (STM) programs
in California. Based in Los Angeles, this key role reports to
the Senior Director, Growth and Partnerships and will collaborate
with the Senior Director, Philanthropy to execute the West Coast
fundraising and grow our impact in this region.
This role will also work closely with the West
Coast, Program Director. The Development
Director, West Coast is an adaptable, articulate, and highly
motivated professional with a proven record of fundraising and/or
business development experience. S/he demonstrates passion and
enthusiasm for STM’s mission, inspiring donors to give.
Responsibilities: Corporate, Individual, Major Gifts and
- Build and maintain effective relationships with corporate
partners, individual donors, major gift donors and foundation staff
through in-person meetings, phone calls, and written
- Ensure regular communication with regional donors to
keep STM supporters informed and engaged, via a variety of print,
digital, and social media.
- Draft funding proposals, presentations and oversee proposal
- Work with the Senior Director of Growth and
Partnerships to build a California Advisory Board. Including:
helping to set a strategic vision for the Advisory Board’s role in
Development, preparing for and participating in Advisory Board
meetings, managing Advisory Board members on specific projects or
activities, and corresponding with members as needed.
- Supported by the Development Team help plan and
implement regional fundraising events.
- Organize and participate in various other development
activities and initiatives (school events, and exclusive events) to
promote STM as appropriate.
Database and Administration
- Support development management by ensuring timely information
and reporting between the LA and the NYC office.
- Maintain donor and prospect records in Salesforce; ensure the
accuracy and efficacy of information entered.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year college or
- Minimum 5 years of fundraising or business development
experience, including grant and proposal writing.
- Passion and enthusiasm for Save The Music’s mission.
- Proven track record in meeting fundraising goals and in-person
- Demonstrated success in working as a member of a team and
developing effective relationships with staff, volunteers, school
communities, and donors.
- Extremely detail oriented and organized, with the strong
ability to successfully multi-task as necessary or requested.
- Excellent communication, organization, and presentation
- Ability to lead multiple long- and short-term projects
simultaneously, meeting all related deadlines with the ability to
plan, prioritize, coordinate, and manage own work.
- Proven ability to work unsupervised and make decisions and
solve problems independently, effectively, and creatively.
- Bilingual abilities are a plus.
- Extensive computer skills, including intermediate or
higher-level proficiency with Microsoft Office (EXCEL, PowerPoint,
and Word) and experience working with Salesforce or another CRM
- STM offers a competitive salary and benefit salary
Save The Music Foundation
From our governing and advisory boards to our operating
team, Save The Music is an organization that strives to be
representative of the varied races and ethnicities, genders and
sexual orientations, religious and political beliefs, and abilities
of the communities we serve. We want to recruit, retain, and
advance diverse talent because it makes our work more effective,
creative, and resilient. If you are passionate about music and
education, highly skilled in your field, and looking for a place
where you can bring all of yourself to work, we want you.
Interested candidates can send a resume and cover letter
to firstname.lastname@example.org with
the subject line “Development Director, West Coast