Let your organizational skills guide you
The largest guide dog school in North
America, Guide Dogs for the Blind relies on our philanthropic
donors to help us achieve our important mission. We’re looking for
a detail-oriented professional to join us at our San Rafael campus
as a full-time Development Associate.
Key responsibilities of these position include data
entry/analysis, development of forms, report management, and
compilation of data files and systems to maximize their usefulness
for a fundraising program for 65,000 active donors. Your duties
Receiving, processing, posting, and acknowledging
- Providing administrative support for mid-level and major donor
giving societies and special events, including event registrations
and sponsorship gift processing
- Managing all electronic funds transfers for scheduled gift
- Performing database maintenance functions (e.g., import/export,
global data changes, National Change of Address, and duplicate
merging) to ensure accurate data entry
- Assisting with email campaign management, including responding,
unsubscribing, and coding
- Maintaining the Fundraising Database Procedures Manual by
monitoring and entering additions and amendments
- Covering phone and email needs/requests from constituents
- High School degree or equivalent
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising software,
Salesforce experience preferred
- Comprehensive understanding of gift processing principles and
practices and IRS standards
- Familiarity with 501(3) organizations
- Excellent customers service skills
- Strong ability to efficiently organize and prioritize work
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Availability to work overtime or on weekends during periods of
What sets us apart?
- We are a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization supported
entirely by private donations, so your expertise will be
valued and recognized.
- You’ll enjoy being part of our small but mighty
team of Development experts as you brainstorm and discover
new ways to attract donors.
- You’ll feel personal pride in
supporting our mission that means so much to so many.
- You’ll work with passionate people across GDB
who are invested in each other and provide support.
- Our generous benefits package includes
medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance, 403(b), generous
paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and great wellness perks like
yoga, circuit training, and an onsite gym.
- You can bring your dog to work!
Guide Dogs for the Blind
The largest guide dog school in North America, Guide Dogs for
the Blind creates inspiring partnerships between people, dogs, and
communities. With exceptional client services and a robust network
of instructors, puppy raisers, donors, and volunteers, we prepare
guide dogs to serve and empower individuals who are blind or have
low vision, throughout the U.S. and Canada. Our team includes
approximately 300 employees and 3,000 volunteers, supporting more
than 2,000 working teams (clients and guide dogs).
At Guide Dogs for the Blind, we respect, value, and
appreciate all differences. We welcome all qualified candidates
irrespective of your race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status,
genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Individuals with
disabilities, especially those who are blind or visually impaired,
are encouraged to apply. If you have a disability and need
assistance and/or accommodation with applying for a job, please
feel free to call 800-295-4050 and ask for Human Resources.